Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: buying gig tickets
JoelP

posted on 20/3/11 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
buying gig tickets

how dodgy is it buying tickets for a gig on ebay? Are you even allowed to resell them?

Iron maiden tour seems all sold out for standing admission and seated seems a bit lame.

Cheers!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

bob tatt

posted on 20/3/11 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
depends how close to the event it is really, if you buy tickets that the seller does not even have but will be posted on to you nearer the time whats to stop them selling the tickets 10 times over closing the account then buggering off with the money. And no paypal cover as its out side there time scale for reclaiming i wouldnt bother my self. There is a ticket exchange website something to do with ticket master i beleive id be a lot happier buying from there. I only warn as my sis got scammed this way for some leeds festivel ticketa a few years ago and paypal told her to bugger off..
will121

posted on 20/3/11 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
Usual ebay thoughts, check buyer, history feedback and how long been doing it and is it business. I brought some lady GaGa tickets for girlfriend off ebay as they were like rocking horse sh1t, I got lots browny points for getting them! All her friends couldn't believe how organised I was, I didn't tell her they came from ebay! To say I was panicing they arrived 2 days before concert and we had booked hotel and everything next panic was were they genuine or fake when we stood in Que! It all worked out fine in the end but would I do it again!!?
bitsilly
Contributor

Posts 726
Registered 9/6/05

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Flexibility into my marriage, bless her!

posted on 20/3/11 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
I have got two lots of excellent ticket there, but do read the feedback.
JoelP

posted on 22/3/11 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
cheers for the advice guys. Not sure what i'll do but one way or another i need to get to that gig!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Craigman9

posted on 22/3/11 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
I have bought numerous tickets from eBay with no problems. All you can do is what the guys have already mentioned though
Ninehigh

posted on 23/3/11 at 02:19 AM Reply With Quote
Flaming scam and should be illegal, and that one that Ticketmaster do... "Oh no we've sold out of these tickets (15 seconds after going on sale) but there's this other site, run by us, that are selling them for 10x the face value"

Missus and I ranted about this for hours, apparently reselling tickets is only illegal at sporting events and in person (i.e. outside the venue..)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.