Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Almost complete MX5 V6
iti_uk
Builder

Posts 163
Registered 13/10/08

Photo Archive Go!
Building: The KLMX-5 ('97 MX5 w/Mazda KL 2.5L V6)

posted on 26/7/11 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
Almost complete MX5 V6

Hi, I'm looking to sell my mostly-finished project; a BRG(ish) '97 Mazda MX5 with a 2.5L V6 engine (Mazda KL from a Ford Probe/Mazda MX6). I have run out of space on my landlord's drive and I need to move it on to a new happy home. The details are;

- '97 Mazda MX5 Monza Sp.Ed.
- Re-upholstered and re-shaped (foamectomy) standard MX5 seats.
- Mazda KL01 engine with custom gearbox adapter plate and clutch/flywheel setup *
- Tubular front subframe *
- Custom intake (2 sets of Triumph T595 throttle bodies) *
- Stainless custom exhaust from stock KL manifolds to stock MX5 CAT-back *, WBO2 sensor
- Megasquirt MS2Extra replacing the stock ECU and running EDIS6 ignition (currently powering a COP setup - may want to replace with a standard coils+HT leads setup)
- Remote oil filter and mount *

Otherwise, the car is effectively stock. It just about drives but I would not recommend taking it on the road as it is because of its lack of tuning and required tinkering.

Ask if you want to see any pictures. I have a build thread on miata.net ("The KLMX5 is taking shape" if you want to take a peek there. The differences between what you will see on there and what I am selling is that I have put an OEM steering wheel back on the car in place of the custom job I had there, I have re-installed the original washer-bottle and the fuel pump is stock. The car will not come with a hardtop.

I am based in Rayleigh, Essex at the moment.

Any serious offers considered. For what it's worth, the custom parts themselves are worth ~£900, then there is the engine itself, the MS and vehicle itself...

Regards,

Chris

* The work in these areas were performed by clairetoo of this very forum, so obviously they're awesome.

[Edited on 26/7/2011 by iti_uk]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

clairetoo

posted on 5/8/11 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
I cant believe theres been no interest in this.....................it'll be an awesome car with a bit of time and effort......for not a lot of money !

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

D Beddows

posted on 5/8/11 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Some kind of guide price would probably of helped - as would a couple of pictures....... I was vaguely interested when I saw the add BUT saying the custom parts alone cost £900 never mind the car and engine gave me the impression the seller would be looking for rather more than I wanted to pay - without photos it could (and I'm not saying in any way that it is btw) be a complete money pit as well........ so I moved on and forgot about it
clairetoo

posted on 5/8/11 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
As far as I know , Chris will take somewhere around £900 for the car (or maybe less - U2U him for a definate answer) - for pictures just google `klmx5' and that will bring up plenty more info !

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

D Beddows

posted on 6/8/11 at 12:36 AM Reply With Quote
HUGE bargain then tbh I want my car to be eligible for something other than the Libre class should I ever get round to a bit of sprint/hilclimb activity as well as keeping up with some roadgoing BEC type people........ so an engine swap like that isn't quite going to work with what I'm doing - bloody tempting tho
johnH20

posted on 27/8/11 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
U2U sent.
Regards

iti_uk
Builder

Posts 163
Registered 13/10/08

Photo Archive Go!

posted on 27/8/11 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Any questions about price or offers would have been considered - I didn't list a price because I had no idea what to ask. After no interest, I ended up weighing it in and getting £150 for it. An argument with the next-door neighbours forced my hand in the end. Ah well.

Chris

[Edited on 27/8/2011 by iti_uk]

Dangle_kt

posted on 27/8/11 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
That it a real shame.

I thought about it, but no space for a project.

Confused but excited.

posted on 27/8/11 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
£150!
Jeez dude, you must be gutted.
Hope you are going to give your neighbour a suitable present when you come to leave your present domicile.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

computid

posted on 27/8/11 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
If you said you were going to scrap it I would have had it!

What a waste

iti_uk
Builder

Posts 163
Registered 13/10/08

Photo Archive Go!

posted on 30/8/11 at 07:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Confused but excited.
£150!
Jeez dude, you must be gutted.
Hope you are going to give your neighbour a suitable present when you come to leave your present domicile.

Absolutely, and most certainly yes! The one week the owner of the property actually appears (he seems to be in hiding most of the time), he kicks up a fuss.

Funny story though, I was expecting a you-tube moment while the car was being picked up... I called the car-recycling guy and he came along with his truck. Money and paperwork exchanged hands and he got on with the task of removing the car. I stood back to watch, with a mate over the road. My car was parked well off the road, perpendicular to the road with a shiney new Jeep Cherokee (or similar) next to it. He had pulled up on the pavement in front of my car, parallel with the road. After a few minutes of wandering around the car, he rolled it forward, manouvered the crane on his truck so that the hook hovered over the car, then took a long chain and spent another few minutes deciding how to lift it onto his truck...

So, eventually he rolls down the windows and loops the chain under through the apertures. Yes that's right, he lifted 900-odd kg of MX5 entirely by it's soft top frame! As it left the ground, the roof bowed horribly and the car started to spin, narrowly missing the shiney Jeep next to it. He then brought the car over the flat-bed - at this point the car was 90deg to the flatbed and partially hovering over passing traffic. He spun the car round by hand and lowered it onto the truck. Holy *%£#!!!!! I have never seen anything so precarious in all my life, but I guess it's testiment to the strength of the two small soft-top catches used to secure the MX5's top!

Chris

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.