Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: AB sabre prices?
R1 STRIKER

posted on 17/10/11 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
AB sabre prices?

Anyone had any kit prices for the Sabre yet? I know it would be easier to contact Andy tomorrow, but just having a bit of a look at various options on line tonight and thought someone here might know.

Ben

TimC

posted on 17/10/11 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Just thinking about your location, don't overlook the BDN - Leominster.

http://www.bdnsportscars.com/

Andy B

posted on 17/10/11 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Ben,
Sorry for the lack of info, since the dragons den programme, I have been flat out gearing up to produce Sabres in bigger volume, so far the chassis has been scanned and tweaked as has the bodywork. There was nothing really wrong with the first cars in fact at Cadwell last week the red car won both races by over 24 seconds, we just needed to make the car easier and faster to produce.
The new cars will be fully tubular chassis with new Titan steering racks and all cnc machined alloy components will be hard anodised. There are also new designed billet uprights which are lighter and stronger than the original cast items.
We intend to sell the cars in two formats, firstly factory built turnkey units ready to race and secondly a very comprehensive modular build kit
It is difficult to give exact prices at this stage as the customer spec has quite a bearing on things but to give an example the Red RGB race car with the 08 blade, 16 channel logging, Quaife LSD would retail as a turnkey car for £25,000, as a modular build the price would be around £23,000. Really the difference represents the labour at the unit to assemble and commission the car.
If you would like more info please don't hesitate to contact me at the unit on 01449 736633
Best regards
Andy

scootz

posted on 17/10/11 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
That sounds pretty good... any plans to offer a road-going car?

It's Evolution Baby!

Worzey

posted on 17/10/11 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm, I might be interested in a road car.

Caterham R400

R1 STRIKER

posted on 17/10/11 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Andy, the car is looking great. Really liking the current class structure for the RGB. Current plan is to build a car to rgb regs and budget permitting, race in 2013 (seems a long way away!). My experience so far has been with 7 style cars having had 2 Raw strikers and raced in the 2008 caterham academy. So far the choice is striker/phoenix in class f or something for class r.

Tim, I hadn't realised BDN were only over in leominster. Will have to have a look. Seem to have a few options right on my door step.

Ben

Andy B

posted on 17/10/11 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
I am trying to progress the Sabre project at a rate where we can guarantee both the quality and the performance of the cars, this means an awful lot of work behind the scenes. At present 5 of the new round tube cars will be on line for February and I still plan to offer a road version. Time seems to be the limiting factor in all these things, so far I have spent the last year working on getting the absolute performance both in terms of handing and power delivery from a race car point of view. Taking the car through IVA is an obvious step and may be something that we look to do in partnership with a customer.
Short term, so many things are becoming possible, we are seriously looking at track day and race rental cars, a corporate experience day and even have interest in a one make series.
The bottom line is whichever routes we take, AB Performance will continue to do all the things we have always done and maintain it's policy of customer support and continual development.
Best regards
Andy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.