Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Car with no log book?
BigFaceDave

posted on 20/10/11 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
Car with no log book?

Evening all,

I have a bit of a hyperthetical question (well sort of!)
Lets say I had a 'mate' who bought a car a little while ago that he knew was geniune of a work colleague who had not long bought it of one of his mates and the paperwork had never been sent off from them and it had now run out of tax and MOT and had never been sorn'd but had been off the road since, If my 'mate' wanted to put the car back on the road is it possible for him to do that without being slapped with a massive fine for it not being sorn'd? could he just simply apply for a new logbook? or is it more hassle than its worth if the car is only worth very little but just seems too good to break and scrap?

Cheers in advance!

Ninehigh

posted on 20/10/11 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
Personally I'd say your "mate" had bought it without tax and mot and you're waiting for the V5 to come back from DVLA

mad-butcher

posted on 20/10/11 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
If I read it right, all your mate has got to do is say he's just bought it, But by now the last registered owner should have had the renewal/sorn notice off dvla, so will probably be looking for someone to give a good arse kicking to as he's now realised he is still legaly responsible for a car he no longer owns,
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
T66

posted on 20/10/11 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
You will have a U2 once Ive written it

RAYLEE29

posted on 20/10/11 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, the way i see it your (mate's) responsibility only starts once he owns the car.
you can get a new v5 by filling in forms at dvla and you should be able to declare sorn at the same time.
Ray

build diary1
http://picasaweb.google.com/raylee290/RoadsterPics#
build diary2
http://picasaweb.google.com/raylee290/KITCARPICS?authkey=Gv1sRgCI2AouyYgpuQmAE#

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.