Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pull type slave cylinder
samjc

posted on 2/11/11 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
Pull type slave cylinder

Needing a pull type slave cyli, nder for a project im doing, and type of small hydraulic pull type cylinder as ive got a new landrover push type to swap or for sensible price id buy.
If anyone know what vehicle or place to get one that woud also be greatly apreciated
Cheers
Sam

tony-devon

posted on 2/11/11 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
what size piston?

couldnt you just use a push one, but mount a pivot to change pull to push action, this also giving you some tweakability to the leverage ratio and travel etc

if you want small then a bike rear brake master is compact, usually 1/2" or 5/8" bore, but be careful as they dont have as much stroke as the landrover type one etc

heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it breaks, hit them with it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 2/11/11 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
hi

rally design do what you want pull cylinder

saves arsing about trying to change the throw from one direction to the other, i have one and the extension rod comes off making it very compact if it needs to be.

[Edited on 2/11/2011 by Hector.Brocklebank]

Some people can never handle the truth and always try to shoot the messenger instead of taking an honest look in the mirror (its always easier to blame another than to face reality), but secretly they wish they could grow a pair and be the messenger !!!

samjc

posted on 2/11/11 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
Its to.use on my type 9 for the clutch but the landrover ones a tad big without cutting footwell but idea is cost so if its to expensive ill modify what I have. The bike ones how compact are they as not done anything realy on bikes.
samjc

posted on 2/11/11 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
Had a quick look bike ones seem good enough to operate clutch on the type 9, but me being a tad slow would like if anyone could post a diagram jow they work as have a rough idra and seem.like a pull type
eddie99

posted on 2/11/11 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
The one that Rally design sell mentioned above is perfect for type 9 application, i have one
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
samjc

posted on 2/11/11 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Like £56 then postage shall have a look at my options but rally design will be a final choice if all fails.
neo2

posted on 2/11/11 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
What size master cylinder do you guys use for the willwood pull one from rally design as im using a landrover series 2 clucth master cylinder and its not moving the arm enough on the box but ive no idea of its size etc...

Rob

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.