Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MOT anyone ???????
unijacko67

posted on 18/11/12 at 11:34 PM Reply With Quote
MOT anyone ???????

I bet he wishes he hadn’t said he would like to take the Lambo for a spin.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2233278/Unlucky-mechanic-crashes-MoT-test-run-time-20-years--220-000-Lamborghini.html

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
morcus

posted on 19/11/12 at 12:00 AM Reply With Quote
Just one of the reasons why I watch them do my MOT, and I've never had anything particularly likely to be taken out on a joy ride like that.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

unijacko67

posted on 19/11/12 at 12:32 AM Reply With Quote
This part of the report made me even less sympathetic to the mechanic (not that I ever was) as it seems to me like he left the scene of an accident.

Taken from the report:

I do question the honesty of the mechanic/garage and the capability of this driver. I have driven various high performance cars & never lost control at 25-30mph as I value the cars I drive & wouldn't risk crashing them & I certainly wouldn't risk crashing someone elses pride & joy. The mechanic should have been 100% cautious driving this car as it is not his property. I have seen the CCTV footage & the rate that he was coming down the road out of control does not appear to be 25-30mph, he crashes into the ford focus then drives away, he then drives back past the seen of the accident slowing down briefly to have a look then drives off. The police car arrives a very short time later & at no point do you see the mechanic stop. The owner of the lamborghini was in the pub at the weekend, confirming the first he had heard of this accident was when the police knocked on his door at home. Absolutely appalling!!! This garage should be struck off!!! He is very lucky nobody was hurt!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 19/11/12 at 12:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by unijacko67
This part of the report made me even less sympathetic to the mechanic (not that I ever was) as it seems to me like he left the scene of an accident.

Taken from the report:

I do question the honesty of the mechanic/garage and the capability of this driver. I have driven various high performance cars & never lost control at 25-30mph as I value the cars I drive & wouldn't risk crashing them & I certainly wouldn't risk crashing someone elses pride & joy. The mechanic should have been 100% cautious driving this car as it is not his property. I have seen the CCTV footage & the rate that he was coming down the road out of control does not appear to be 25-30mph, he crashes into the ford focus then drives away, he then drives back past the seen of the accident slowing down briefly to have a look then drives off. The police car arrives a very short time later & at no point do you see the mechanic stop. The owner of the lamborghini was in the pub at the weekend, confirming the first he had heard of this accident was when the police knocked on his door at home. Absolutely appalling!!! This garage should be struck off!!! He is very lucky nobody was hurt!!

thats not really part of any report though, thats just reader comments which may or may not be biassed in any direction, may or may not be fact, and most likely biassed toward the cars owner, might possibly be slightly exaggerated, and may not not contain many facts.
someone could just as easily write about what they had for their dinner... so i wouldn't take tooooo much notice of it.

but yes, he wasn't very clever was he?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

unijacko67

posted on 19/11/12 at 01:06 AM Reply With Quote
Well I did hear the first thing the owner of the car that was hit was the note on the windscreen. Surely you would ask at the nearest business before pi$$ing off. I will try to get the video as its all on tape.

[Edited on 19/11/12 by unijacko67]

puma931

posted on 19/11/12 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
Why do they need to do a road "test" as part of an MOT?
David Jenkins

posted on 19/11/12 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by puma931

I was visiting a garage a few years back when a customer brought his Ferrari in for an MOT. It took 4 mechanics to put it on the ramp, 1 driving and 3 watching to make sure that the under-tray didn't scrape on the ramp. They then decided that there was no way that it would go on the brake rollers without grounding. I guess that this would be a similar case...

...but it does sound like he was having a quick joy-ride and messed it up.

Strontium Dog

posted on 19/11/12 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by puma931

My local MOT station have to road test my GT4 Celica as their brake tester cant do 4WD cars. They strap an inertia brake tester into the passenger seat and go for a drive. They do try not to crash it while on the test though!

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x319/zephyr2000/General%20forum%20uploads/?action=view¤t=3DEngine.mp4

roadrunner

posted on 19/11/12 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
DOHHHH!!!!!
froggy

posted on 19/11/12 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
I never let my staff out in a car like this without going with them .

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

dhutch

posted on 19/11/12 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah, says it had to be a road test as its 4wd. Im quite sure the 'gutted' is an understatment of the year.

Daniel

unijacko67

posted on 19/11/12 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
This is the cctv, sorry about the add's. The driver is coming up hill as he first comes into camera shot, sidways!!!!!

http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk/video/1969030826001/?ref=vidshare

[Edited on 19/11/12 by unijacko67]

MikeRJ

posted on 19/11/12 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daily Mail reader
This garage should be struck off!!!

This comment is absolutely typical of the attitude and intelligence of The Daily Mails target readership. Thick, bigoted journalists for thick bigoted people.

unijacko67

posted on 19/11/12 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:

This comment is absolutely typical of the attitude and intelligence of The Daily Mails target readership. Thick, bigoted journalists for thick bigoted people.

Surely you don’t condone the drivers actions as he doesn’t even hesitate to think about stopping. Busted!!!!

JAG

posted on 19/11/12 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
In my business (I work in the Engineering dep't of a car manufacturer) you wouldn't be allowed to drive a Lamborghini without having passed our internal assessment for high performance cars.

To imagine that just anyone, even an experienced MOT tester (!!) can handle such a powerful and expensive car is stupid and reckless and bound to end in very expensive tears.

MOT Tester and Garage Owner want shooting IMHO

[Edited on 19/11/12 by JAG]

Justin

Who is this super hero? Sarge? ...No.
Rosemary, the telephone operator? ...No.
Penry, the mild-mannered janitor? ...Could be!

monck

posted on 19/11/12 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
My 7 had no clearance and would not go on brake rollers to test brakes they did not take it round the block to test ..
steve m

posted on 19/11/12 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
My tester just asked if the brakes worked, and i said yes,
Pass

MikeRJ

posted on 19/11/12 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by unijacko67
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:

Surely you don’t condone the drivers actions as he doesn’t even hesitate to think about stopping. Busted!!!!

Of course not, he needs to face the consequences of his stupid actions. However, to call for the garage that employs him to be "struck off" is both profoundly thick (struck off what? a garage isn't like a barrister or doctor) and a typical over-reaction to punish numerous people for the actions of an individual.

bigfoot4616

posted on 19/11/12 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
i know the lad that was driving although not seen him for a lot of years, he always used to be a bit of a knob.
NigeEss

posted on 19/11/12 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
"With the Lamborghini being a four-wheel drive, it has to be road tested to test the efficiency of the brakes"

Errm..bullsh*.*

The two garages I use for all my MOT tests have a brake testers that do 4wd, the rollers simply turn opposite
directions.
And watching the video....25mph....yeah, right.
Out for a jolly without a doubt.

[Edited on 19/11/12 by NigeEss]

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

JoelP

posted on 19/11/12 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NigeEss
The two garages I use for all my MOT tests have a brake testers that do 4wd, the rollers simply turn opposite
directions.

Wouldnt that ruin your centre diff if it was LSD or similar?

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

r1_pete

posted on 19/11/12 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Presumably for full time 4x4 all 4 wheels would need to be on rollers, 2 being tested and 2 idling.

How would they cater for different wheelbases??

Something I'd not thought about before, glad my L200 is selectable, and they don't need to go joy riding, sorry brake testing, in it

unijacko67

posted on 19/11/12 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
I fitted a kitchen a couple of years ago for the bloke who owns the Lambo, and in the couple of weeks I was there we got one day when it was dry enough for him to take me out in it, you cant possibly see what it can do in the wet. The thing that surprised me was it just didn’t stop pulling, I’ve not been in many fast cars, but was impressed. I bet it could just about keep up with a few cars on here lol. On a serious note who on here Power to weight beats it. He must be mad as hell.

NigeEss

posted on 19/11/12 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
quote:
Originally posted by NigeEss
directions.

Wouldnt that ruin your centre diff if it was LSD or similar?

Interesting point ! Never thought of that.
Still think he was out for a jolly though.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

ashg

posted on 19/11/12 at 11:44 PM Reply With Quote
shit happens its only a car..... hell its not like the guy spent years of his life in a shed building it only for some numpty to wreck it beyond repair. as for it being a special edition...... blah thats just something they make up to fool rich people out of more money.

i know a chap that has had an r8 (wrote of in the med), the week later he had a new lambo, got bored of that and got a dbs. the other week he picked up his nice little ferrari 458. to top it off he is 26, people that can afford those kind of cars see them like you or i see a nice bmw/merc, yes its a nice car and its not cheap but its only a car....

here are a couple of snaps for those that like shiny things

as to who he is and how he can afford the cars i would rather not discuss but what i will say is over all the cars i would prefer to have the lear jet

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.