Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Kit car friendly mot Garages in coventry
mazie

posted on 9/4/13 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Kit car friendly mot Garages in coventry

Can anyone recommend a kit car friendly garage for an MOT around the coventry way. I've tried a suggestion from Claire in ashby de la Zouch but they are a bit busy for this week.
nre

posted on 9/4/13 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
Not exactly Cov, but I always use Cross Street Garage in Lighthorne Heath for my Mojo, they are extremely friendly... and happen to be right outside my workplace at JLR!

Sylva Mojo Zetec on GSXR750 throttle bodies...
www.mymojo.co.uk - Facebook feed

JPSC Forum - A dedicated forum for discussion on all things relating to Jeremy Phillips designed cars
Including the Star, Leader, Striker, Phoenix, Fury, Jester, Stylus, Mojo, Riot, J15 & Vectis

mazie

posted on 9/4/13 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the suggestion, how up are they on their emissions? I'm hoping they may just look at it as a B rev and not check! :-)
me!

posted on 9/4/13 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
I used Edwin's autos in Balsall Common this year. The guy let me cable tie a hose out of the way before giving me an advisory on it which was decent of him. And the ramp is recessed into the floor so a bit more kit friendly than most!
nre

posted on 9/4/13 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mazie
Thanks for the suggestion, how up are they on their emissions? I'm hoping they may just look at it as a B rev and not check! :-)

My Mojo should be tested (limits stated on V5) but he always just says 'kit car - no emissions test' which doesn't bother me...

I stay with the car for the test to operate all the controls etc, also a good opportunity to have a look under the car while it's on the ramp...

JPSC Forum - A dedicated forum for discussion on all things relating to Jeremy Phillips designed cars
Including the Star, Leader, Striker, Phoenix, Fury, Jester, Stylus, Mojo, Riot, J15 & Vectis

mazie

posted on 9/4/13 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like my kind of garage as I hate to sit in some back room not being able to see what's going on, the daily runner of a ford focus I don't care too much about but the cash pits we love soo much seem to make to me nervous of who's fingers are all over them ! Some testers are a bit funny with the public being near the motor.
Could you let me have their number ?
Russ

mazie

posted on 9/4/13 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Me! Just saw your post ill give them a call as well thanks.
PSpirine

posted on 9/4/13 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Another one for Lighthorne Heath! Used them I think 3 times now albeit not on a kit, and can confirm that they're "sympathetic" and will retest pretty much any issues without a retest fee within the 10 day window. Loads of people at work use them, and I've yet to hear anything bad..

Handy when they offer to pick up/drop off your car at JLR reception as well!

nre

posted on 9/4/13 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
01926 641925 I think...

Hope you have success one way or another....

mazie

posted on 10/4/13 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Last minute place booked for Saturday so happy days cheers!
bi22le

posted on 10/4/13 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mazie
Last minute place booked for Saturday so happy days cheers!

Good luck matey. If all goes well you can come to Brands with me on the Monday!?!?!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

mazie

posted on 13/4/13 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
Mate I looked into it but could not find it on any of the trackday companies I tried! Would of driven down and surprised you on the day :-) bit late now I've got work booked in. I'm defo planning a couple of days this year though.
bi22le

posted on 13/4/13 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
how did it go? passed?

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

mazie

posted on 13/4/13 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
Passed with flying colours! :-D I only had doubts with emissions but that didnt come into it! Had a nice cup of tea and a good nose around the underneath of the car too, he said I had time to do anything i needed underneath the car whilst it was in the air so I cleaned last winters salt a wipe away while I was at it.
NRE-Thanks for the recommendation!

Damn I wish I had a ramp!

nre

posted on 13/4/13 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Glad it all went OK!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.