Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Blacktop Zetec, preferably ST170
alan87

posted on 8/1/14 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
Blacktop Zetec, preferably ST170

Afternoon all,

My other engine went today so am now starting to look for zetec packages (blacktop). Ideally as complete as possible with gearbox etc, but will consider individual components.

Cheers

doddy

posted on 8/1/14 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
hi i have a whole mondeo that i will be selling next week it has a 2ltr balck top with only 92k runs spot on has tax and mot but will need a clutch soon as it slips abit at high revs im only after £350 for the whole car

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/4x4wheels

alan87

posted on 8/1/14 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the offer mate. Am only after the components as don't have the space or time to strip a donor. Good luck with the sale.

Mr C

posted on 8/1/14 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KSP-Engines-st170-2-0ltr-zetec-track-day-or-rally-engine-jenvey-throttle-bodies-/281240437821?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_ CarParts_SM&hash=item417b3c843d

Girl walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre, so the barman gave her one

alan87

posted on 8/1/14 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr C
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KSP-Engines-st170-2-0ltr-zetec-track-day-or-rally-engine-jenvey-throttle-bodies-/281240437821?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_ CarParts_SM&hash=item417b3c843d

Seen that already! I have a sad feeling that my pockets won't be deep enough. Thanks for sharing though.

johnH20

posted on 8/1/14 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Alan,
We did not get time to discuss but surely a Duratec/MX5 combo has to be the 'best' option out there nowadays especially as you told me an MX5 transmission is virtually free! Its what I would go for in your circumstances, must be worth a 25 kg weight saving and much easier/cheaper engine upgrade potential. Just my thoughts.

ChrisW

posted on 8/1/14 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a 1.8 Zetec from a Focus that I've had in dry storage for a fair while (7-8 years). 55k miles claimed, but I can't prove it. Never heard it run but looks pretty decent.

Make an offer in the high double figures.

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
alan87

posted on 27/1/14 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Bump..

nre

posted on 27/1/14 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
Depends on your budget, but when my silvertop zetec went, I just bought a brand new crated blacktop from PowerTorque, was £750 but I then sold off about £250 worth of bits that I didn't need (inlet & exhaust, flywheel & clutch, stat housing...)

[Edited on 27/1/14 by nre]

Sylva Mojo Zetec on GSXR750 throttle bodies...
www.mymojo.co.uk - Facebook feed

JPSC Forum - A dedicated forum for discussion on all things relating to Jeremy Phillips designed cars
Including the Star, Leader, Striker, Phoenix, Fury, Jester, Stylus, Mojo, Riot, J15 & Vectis

alan87

posted on 27/1/14 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the idea, I wasnt looking at spending that much, but may well consider it further down the line.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.