Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rent a ramp
tcr

posted on 15/2/14 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
Rent a ramp

I've been offered a good sized storage / workshop unit including 2 ramps for a good price and I was thinking about renting one of the ramps out on a per hour basis to cover the cost of the rent but I was wondering how much of a market there is for such a thing ?

MK MIDI ZX10R
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4393256076054.2182513.1427988207&type=1&l=64c91c3c17
why isnt anything simple!!!
torquetune.co.uk
nrpexhausts.co.uk

will121

posted on 15/2/14 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
Dependant on area would expect a reasonable market but would come with lots other issues with insurances liability, lifting equ inspections and use agreements may make it more problematic
big_wasa

posted on 15/2/14 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
Yep if it was local I would be a customer.
rdodger

posted on 15/2/14 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
Subject to insurance, liability etc yes I would expect it would.

I know a number of mobile mechanics in my area hire ramp time from a local tyre fitter.

chris-g

posted on 15/2/14 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
Where is the unit? Might be interested at some point in the future.
sdh2903

posted on 15/2/14 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
It would be more trouble than it's worth IMO with insurance etc. It would be much easier to find someone to share on a permanent basis and just split the costs.
tcr

posted on 15/2/14 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
The unit is in shirebrook ng20 about 10mins from M1 j29 . It would primarily be used as a garage with the added bonus of having somewhere to store and work on my own cars .

MK MIDI ZX10R
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4393256076054.2182513.1427988207&type=1&l=64c91c3c17
why isnt anything simple!!!
torquetune.co.uk
nrpexhausts.co.uk

froggy

posted on 15/2/14 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
it would work if you had customers who knew what they were doing and had the right parts . it all comes unstuck when a job goes wrong and the ramp is blocked for hours/days etc .

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

rusty nuts

posted on 15/2/14 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by froggy
it would work if you had customers who knew what they were doing and had the right parts . it all comes unstuck when a job goes wrong and the ramp is blocked for hours/days etc .

Have to agree, working full time in the motor trade I find a large percentage of our ramp time is wasted due to not having the correct parts to hand.

froggy

posted on 15/2/14 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
I remember an ad for a big place in London doing rent a ramp and it looked like the real money is in the extra hire costs when it goes tits up .
I used to let mates use my big commercial 4 post which is outside and doesn't get used much but had too many Sunday jobs still on the ramp the following week to Bother anymore . The other issue is if your on site you can guarantee to spend a fair amount of time getting involved when they can't do something or more likely the aldi socket set and rubber spanner create another job .

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

big_wasa

posted on 15/2/14 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
Yeh I could see major arse ache with getting the ramp cleared or having to do the job to get it cleared.

Last summer a mate toasted his clutch a few weeks before an event at the pod. I said if he could get the use of a ramp I would do his clutch. I never thought he would actually find some one that would rent him the lift when he doesn't even own a spanner. But he did.

Having never done a clutch change on a skyline before we did get it done in an afternoon but we did run over his deadline of 4pm by an hour.

want my own

me!

posted on 16/2/14 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
There is a place that does this in Coventry, might be worth giving them a call http://www.rampandwrench.co.uk/main/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.