Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: O2 mobile pocket hotspot ZTE
Jon Ison

posted on 5/5/14 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
O2 mobile pocket hotspot ZTE

Was looking to get a O2 dongle as they upon checking offer the best coverage where we want to use it, then stumbled across the O2 pocket hotspot, anyone used one of these devices, can connect up to 5 devices, phone iPad ect.... For not much more than a dongle sounds good, but I'm a techno numpty?
snapper

posted on 6/5/14 at 06:04 AM Reply With Quote
They work, boss used one when he moved to new house before WiFi was connected
We used the rest of the data at work for upgrades

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

chris-g

posted on 6/5/14 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
These might be worth a read. Seems they can be unlocked for other networks.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/vodafone-mifi-21-99-argos-ebay-18 75331#comments

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/huawei-e5332- mobile-broadband-mifi-25-tesco-direct-1879760#comments

Nickp

posted on 6/5/14 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
Jon,
I'd be wary of using O2/Voda (same network for data these days) for data as we've found the speeds/coverage to be very poor compared to the EE/3 network we were on. The whole field team that maintains all the networks swapped over some time ago and we were all shocked how poor it is, and we maintain it!!
Cheers,
Nick

stevebubs

posted on 6/5/14 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
The devices work pretty well - it's like walking around with a portable hotspot. I had an EE one for a while, only cancelled it as I stopped travelling and using it.

As above, watch out for coverage, though - if you're in 4G coverage then it works really well - as quick as home broadband in many cases. If not, then it's a trifle frustrating..

Jon Ison

posted on 6/5/14 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
I'll own up, I'm getting old, we purchased back end of last year a static caravan by the coast, spending most weekends there however our business really needs us at the end of an email 24/7 it's a struggle on the phone, having checked the coverage O2 gives the best for where the van is, plenty of masts close by and ""alleged" good signal both indoors and out.

Was going to purchase a dongle but then saw these, I've ordered one for under £30 pre loaded with 2GB then payg will let you know how we get on.

One for the techno types, I see they have a antenna input, worth having an antenna, the hot spot device will be not used as a mobile device as such but left in caravan?

Jon Ison

posted on 7/5/14 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
I have the device, within 2 minutes of getting it out the box full 3g signal and online, very impressed and happy with it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.