Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Looks like a good place for garage tools!
blakep82

posted on 26/12/15 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
Looks like a good place for garage tools!

Came across this the other day
http://www.sgs-engineering.com/garage-equipment

The tools look good quality, good website (which always gives a good impression on quality) and great prices!

Haven't bought from them yet, but I fancy a set of their gojak type skates. A set of 4 is the price of 1 gojak from what I can see. And hydraulic, not the ratchet type mechanism the gojaks use.

Thoughts anyone?

The range of trolley jacks looks good, as do tool cabinets, engine cranes and compressors.

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

MsD

posted on 26/12/15 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
Heard nothing but good things from sgs. Not bought anything from them personally but wouldn't hesitate to!
Mark.

Slimy38

posted on 26/12/15 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
I've used them a couple of times. First time was a visit to their shop for some boot struts, absolutely first class service and good quality struts. Second time was my engine hoist, that one was delivered. Well packed and really well made.

The only issue is that their kit is extremely heavy compared to other suppliers. Personally I find it reassuring to work with something 'substantial', but as an example I find the engine hoist difficult to move around. Others have commented that their trolley jacks aren't something you'd want to carry in the boot (although they do an aluminium one which could work well).

But it's difficult to get anywhere near the quality for the price.

minitici

posted on 26/12/15 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
I got wheel dollies from them while back - excellent and great price.
ArthurR

posted on 26/12/15 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
I can second the "heavy" comment.

Bought a 3 ton trolley jack, didn't realise that they meant it weighed 3 ton! but it works well and should last my lifetime, my kids, my grandkids.....

big_wasa

posted on 26/12/15 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Got my eye on there 3 ton low level jack. The feed back is good to here. With differing levels of chinese quality it's hard to know what your getting.
blakep82

posted on 26/12/15 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
Got my eye on there 3 ton low level jack. The feed back is good to here. With differing levels of chinese quality it's hard to know what your getting.

I actually got this one earlier in the year
http://www.workshopping.co.uk/product/trolley-jack-325tonne-low-entry-rocket-lift/3250LE/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shop&utm_campaign=feed& amp;gclid=CjwKEAjwru6oBRDDp4jRj4bL_xASJADJ2obyTDimla_uZkAd0ntG2m6RHzbvjnjj8dbRMi4m8uOlShoCsknw_wcB

Similar price, if I'd seen the sgs one, I'd probably have gone for it instead.
I notice all their stuff says sale in the corner of the pics. Are these reduced Christmas prices, or are these normal prices? Anyone know?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

big_wasa

posted on 26/12/15 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
The jack I want is in there eBay shop at the same price and has been for a few weeks.

Edit

Have a look at there eBay feedback

[Edited on 26/12/15 by big_wasa]

CNHSS1

posted on 26/12/15 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
Ive had 4 of their 6ton axle stands and their high lift 800mm high!! Garagge jack. Great strength, impressive although very heavy so fine for garage use but not very mobile.

The finish isnt as high as Sealey etc, basically just quick blast over with black gloss but so long as that doesnt bother you, its good stuff :-) will defo use them next time i need some workshop goodies

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

ReMan

posted on 26/12/15 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
Bpough engine crane direct (and pocked it up myself) last year .
Nice bit of kit and as mentioned "substantial"

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

britishtrident

posted on 27/12/15 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
I bought an engine bay cross support beam of them. Very heavy duty in truth a bit too over spec to be useable singlehanded but it was delivered very quickly and was great vfm.
The 3 ton jack they sell is a pretty standard hd design from standard components I have had an almost identical one for 17 years.
Eventually the pump seals started seeping but topping up with Power Steering Leak Stopper fixer that after it was given a week to work.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.