Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Laser Cutters
Daf

posted on 1/3/19 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
Laser Cutters

Morning, can anyone recommend a good laser (or alternative) company for cutting some parts from mild steel please?

I've emailed 2 that I've used in the past and they're not responding to emails so clearly don't want the work!

Cheers

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
russbost

posted on 1/3/19 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
I can recommend one NOT to use, EDP technology Doncaster (formerly Donlaser) I'm still waiting for my order from January - now promised for next week! Not holding my breath





Furore Formula Car - the only two seater modern Formula Car lookalike. I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   russbost 's Aim
Daf

posted on 1/3/19 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
I can recommend one NOT to use, EDP technology Doncaster (formerly Donlaser) I'm still waiting for my order from January - now promised for next week! Not holding my breath


Interestingly this is one of the ones I used in the past... and have now not replied!

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mopple

posted on 1/3/19 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
You could try Fractory.co. A Start Up that offers laser cutting and bending. Their headquarter is in UK, hopefully they also have some manufacturers available. Any way their website is very good for getting indication of costing.

[Edited on 1/3/19 by Mopple]

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
russbost

posted on 1/3/19 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daf
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
I can recommend one NOT to use, EDP technology Doncaster (formerly Donlaser) I'm still waiting for my order from January - now promised for next week! Not holding my breath


Interestingly this is one of the ones I used in the past... and have now not replied!


They used to be brilliant & prices were ridiculously low, I don't know what on earth is going on there now, but won't be in a hurry to use them again!





Furore Formula Car - the only two seater modern Formula Car lookalike. I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   russbost 's Aim
Angel Acevedo

posted on 1/3/19 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
quote:
Originally posted by Daf
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
I can recommend one NOT to use, EDP technology Doncaster (formerly Donlaser) I'm still waiting for my order from January - now promised for next week! Not holding my breath


Interestingly this is one of the ones I used in the past... and have now not replied!


They used to be brilliant & prices were ridiculously low, I don't know what on earth is going on there now, but won't be in a hurry to use them again!


Maybe "ridiculously Low" prices got them moving to better paying jobs...?





Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 2/3/19 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
Ive used cross engineering in gorseinon recently they were very good and will post orders.





Build Blog
Build Photo Album

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Daf

posted on 3/3/19 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks I'll give them a try, I picked up a card for a water jet cutting service in Stoneleighee med like nice helpful people - but I've lost that now!
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ugg10

posted on 3/3/19 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
I’ve used these guys in the past for ally and steel, did a good job on manifold flanges and engine mounts for me. Email a DoF/dog and they came back with a quote quickly (couple of days) and did the job as quoted.

https://www.lasermaster.co.uk





---------------------------------------------------------------
1968 Ford Anglia 105e, 1.7 Zetec SE, Mk2 Escort Workd Cup front end, 5 link rear
Build Blog - http://Anglia1968.weebly.com

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply


go to top






Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.