Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: legal issue - credit card claim
doughie

posted on 19/6/07 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
legal issue - credit card claim

i have had need to involve my credit card company to hopefully resolve a dispute i have with a kit car parts supplier
has any one had experience of this

any help please!!!

doughie

posted on 19/6/07 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
100+ views and no replies!?!
MikeR

posted on 19/6/07 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
prob cause we're all a nosey bunch and curious what the answer is in case we have the misfortune to need to know in the future.

Calvinx has suggested using this course of action a few times in the past, he may know something about what to do (or he may just know the same as me - some how you can get your money back).

mookaloid

posted on 19/6/07 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
As far as I know credit card transactions are covered by the consumer credit act.

If you call your credit card company and cpomplain that you have not received the goods/services that you paid for with your card, then they should refund you and then they will persue the vendor afterwards. If the vendor successfully argues that he has delivered the goods then your card will be redebited and they will make a charge to you for an incorrect complaint.

I would just call your card company and complain that you are having no joy from the vendor and you wish to take up the complaint under the consumer credit act and see what they say. You will quickly find out if this advice is wrong!

Good luck

Mark

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

iank

posted on 19/6/07 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
I'd suggest calling your credit card/bank customer support line. Telling them what has happened and let them give you the options on what you can/can't do.

Pulling back credit card payments is certainly possible (done it when some scrote nicked my identity from some on-line retailer), the bank send you a bit of paper to sign to confirm you haven't received the goods. At this point you get your money back and the credit card company gets their money from the retailer.

The bit of paper is a legal document and I'd imagine many tonnes of bricks will fall on you if the retailer can prove you did receive the goods before you signed.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

jabs

posted on 19/6/07 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, can do if goods faulty as well and supplier refuses to replace. Did this a few years ago with a sat receiver, goods were faulty on arrival and the company just refused to replace. Passed onto card company who also tried to get them to replace, then got my money back
lotustwincam

posted on 19/6/07 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Had double glazing installed a couple of years back. Paid the DEPOSIT (£250 if I remember correctly) by CC and the rest by cheque.

Windows were disaster. Tried to sue firm though Small Claims court, but they went bust. In the end CC company paid up for the FULL amount - but only after I threatened to take them to small claims court.

Great thing the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Basically introduced long before credit cards were an every day item, and makes the CC company EQUALLY liable.

Good luck

JoelP

posted on 19/6/07 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
if you look at it literally, you ARE paying the CC company, not the retailer, hence why they have to offer this 'service'.
doughie

posted on 20/6/07 at 05:11 AM Reply With Quote
cheers guys

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.