Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: GTS
rallyingden

posted on 30/9/07 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
GTS

Are any of you guys out there near GTS.
I have been trying to contact them for over a week. I placed an order with them via the web and since then have not heard a thing.
Get auto reply from email saying Darren is out of office until AUG 14th !!
All the phones get directed to a mail box that is full.

Can anyone shed a light on whats going on ? Do I need to order my parts from elsewhere?

RD

nitram38

posted on 30/9/07 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
Have you paid? If not move on.
He's even taken to selling his stuff on ebay by using other people's accounts.
That alone must say something.

iank

posted on 30/9/07 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
Try reading the GTS section here. Good luck

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=32

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

rallyingden

posted on 30/9/07 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks

Yes I'v paid but used card so will be able to get the money back...... Just glad I decided to wait for body panel order.

RD

Mark.

posted on 30/9/07 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
When you are ready for body panels shout and I can give you a number of a top bloke based in the midlands who can help.

Mark

Richard Quinn

posted on 30/9/07 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nitram38
Have you paid? If not move on.
He's even taken to selling his stuff on ebay by using other people's accounts.
That alone must say something.

That actually reads quite badly! I would guess that the one account he is selling under is actually something to do with him. A little like me selling stuff on behalf of my missus at times.

Howlor

posted on 30/9/07 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
Too early for Popcorn?!
graememk

posted on 30/9/07 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
call him and ask for a delivery time.

nitram38

posted on 30/9/07 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
He has changed his sex to tania6185 on ebay
Here is "her" shop.
And here is "her" old shop and feedback

[Edited on 30/9/2007 by nitram38]

Richard Quinn

posted on 30/9/07 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
The acount he no longer sells stuff through is the GTS one.

That account is now virtually unusable because of the bad feedback.

That seems to be why he is selling under a different name.

I have previously stayed out of this, but case after case and time after time this situation comes up. The whole world can't be wrong except for him.

Much better wording! The previous one intimated a more fundamental type of fraud.

nitram38

posted on 30/9/07 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Quinn
quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
The acount he no longer sells stuff through is the GTS one.

That account is now virtually unusable because of the bad feedback.

That seems to be why he is selling under a different name.

I have previously stayed out of this, but case after case and time after time this situation comes up. The whole world can't be wrong except for him.

Much better wording! The previous one intimated a more fundamental type of fraud.

If you look at the new ebay account, I suspect it is his wife's own older account judging by the first 6 items have nothing to do with cars.
Doing this has made things worse as he hasn't just started a new shop in his own name.
This suggests to me that ebay may have banned him from trading?

tegwin

posted on 30/9/07 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
This is silly...

by all accounts his products are excelent...so why cant he get someone to sort out his customer service side....

Bacon2002

posted on 30/9/07 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,
I picked up the last of my order from the GTS workshop on Friday having ordered and (mostly) received from Darren a GTS Panther Deluxe kit.
I'm new'ish to the Locost scene (this year) so I'm not used to this kind of service but Darren seems to view "one off" customers as being a pain in the a?se and appears to treat customers with an "as and when" attitude.
I have found him (and his staff) to be nice guys who I have no doubt are entirely honest but Darren seems to have a limited understanding of customer service.
Having been to GTS's workshop a few times they do appear to be knocking out lots of cars and parts however even Darren's own staff can't work out why he doesn't communicate with customers or manage his customers expectations.
I think GTS part are OK (good quality although I have noticed some attention to details issues) however Darren appear to be somewhat disorganised.
If you are in a hurry (as most people are) for your parts then, at the moment, its probably best to go elsewhere which is a shame because GTS seem to be a talented outfit with a bright future if only they sorted out the customer service side of things.
For what it's worth, in my opinion any company that does not see its customers as being at the centre of its business will either fail or not reach its potential.
Someone (who knows this type of business) should offer Darren a deal for a share of his company in return for sorting out the issues.
But lets face it at the end of the day I ordered my parts and I got them so Darren would probably not understand any of what I've said and who knows he could right, it could have been easier but I did get my parts.
Cheers,
David

Bob C

posted on 30/9/07 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
Mr bacon is right, & thats why there is so much hot air about GTS. There are a lot of customers with unreasonable expectations, fed up & ready to vent their spleens, whereas Darren clearly thinks that if the product is good that's all that matters.
Both camps are wrong.
I do have sympathy for overseas buyers who send away thousands then hear nothing for months.
Bob

dave1888

posted on 30/9/07 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
I feel a sticky in the gts section, telling people not to post anything regarding getting parts from them. It appears that most not all people are happy with what's supplied just not happy with how long it takes to get it. just my tuppence.

martyn_16v

posted on 30/9/07 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bob C
There are a lot of customers with unreasonable expectations

I think that's quite harsh. Sure there do crop up from time to time the odd person that expects next day delivery on a made to order part, but they're in the minority. It's not unreasonable to expect a supplier to deliver in the time frame they inform you of when you order/take your money, or if they can't do that then at least to be contactable if not actually contact you to keep you up to date. Plenty of other suppliers in the same industry manage it, so why is it an unreasonable expectation?

I accept that people are probably a bit quicker to vent when something doesn't go as expected because of GTS' reputation, but they had to be pretty poor in the first place to build this reputation...

rallyingden

posted on 30/9/07 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by martyn_16v
quote:
There are a lot of customers with unreasonable expectations

I think that's quite harsh. Sure there do crop up from time to time the odd person that expects next day delivery on a made to order part, but they're in the minority. It's not unreasonable to expect a supplier to deliver in the time frame they inform you of when you order/take your money, or if they can't do that then at least to be contactable if not actually contact you to keep you up to date. Plenty of other suppliers in the same industry manage it, so why is it an unreasonable expectation?

I accept that people are probably a bit quicker to vent when something doesn't go as expected because of GTS' reputation, but they had to be pretty poor in the first place to build this reputation...

This is my whole point I dont mind waiting for my parts if I know they are on the way. Getting an automated answer from web ordering software and then for the company to be TOTALLY un cotactable is the thing that makes people post bad press about them.

RD

doughie

posted on 30/9/07 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
any one noticed their advert on this site in the 'google ads'

scotmac

posted on 3/10/07 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Mr bacon is right, & thats why there is so much hot air about GTS. There are a lot of customers with unreasonable expectations, fed up & ready to vent their spleens, whereas Darren clearly thinks that if the product is good that's all that matters.
Both camps are wrong.
I do have sympathy for overseas buyers who send away thousands then hear nothing for months.
Bob

Wrong...GTS is a company w/ unreasonable sh*tty customer service. Most if not all the posts i have seen have been people just wanting *SOME* type of response from the F*CKING company, *AFTER* their money has been taken and they haven't heard *SH*T* for months.

rallyingden

posted on 5/10/07 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
Final word from me on this....

Yesterday my parts arrived in brown cardboard package with hand written address. No comp slip or reciept inside and two of the items I ordered missing...
Oh well at least I can crack on

RD

phongshader

posted on 7/10/07 at 01:36 AM Reply With Quote
I'm one of those over seas customers that's been bitten by GTS. I've ordered parts from him in the past, knowing there would be a long wait. I have no problem with that but my last order was made in the end of May and I've yet to see the order and there has been no reply to numerous emails. Is it unreasonable to expect an order to be delivered within 6 months?
phongshader

posted on 9/10/07 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the Ebay link nitram38! I've finally got some comunication with GTS, now maybe I can get the parts I ordered 6 months ago
phongshader

posted on 19/10/07 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
Ahhh there was a moment of hope...but I guess his cover is blown on Ebay. He's no longer a registered seller under that name and what a surprise, no response to numerous emails after the 1st one. What a shyster!
Wow this guy is good at hiding the dissatisfaction of his customers, my email is banned from GTSOC message board and I've never been there before.

[Edited on 20/10/07 by phongshader]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.