Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: A bit more progress on mine
Alan B

posted on 6/2/08 at 12:39 AM Reply With Quote
A bit more progress on mine

I got the bonnet (hood) and wings (fenders) done and also mounted the radiator...pushing harder now to get all the chassis mounted bracketry done so I can strip it down to finish welding. Still along way to go...and yes, including more diagonals........but I feel some progress.

Alan
Tiki front
Tiki front

Tiki Front TQ
Tiki Front TQ

Tiki side
Tiki side

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 6/2/08 at 12:45 AM Reply With Quote
looking great, very stylish.

That tube though, the diagonal one that runs forward from the roll bar, I'd leave it out. Apart from being next to the passengers heads, it's cluttering the car and would look better without it IMO.

I wonder how smart-car seats would look in it, with the metallic red paint on the backs?

or how about these? funky

http://www.wsws.ca/richhelms/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/s-smart-seats.jpg

[Edited on 6/2/08 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alan B

posted on 6/2/08 at 01:02 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Mr W....funny thing is the forward diagonals have only the slightest of tacks on them.....maybe I was having doubts too?..yep those seats...very funky indeed.

Alan

Fred W B

posted on 6/2/08 at 06:11 AM Reply With Quote
Nice work alan

If nothing else, removing the bars mentioned will make getting in and out much easier?

Cheers

Fred W B

P.S loving all the activity on the middy forum lately - I may even post an update on my pattern soon

[Edited on 6/2/08 by Fred W B]

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.