Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Avon or Luego?
greggors84

posted on 9/6/03 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
Avon or Luego?

I had decided to buy the avon comprehensive kit from tiger, then ive started hearing about all the problems avon builders are having. Is it worth spending the extra 500 on the luego. Is the kit better quality.

Basically what are the pros and cons of the kits

Thanks

G3OFF

posted on 9/6/03 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
hi mate,

just my two sence.. but iv purchased a luego v8 viento.. and am well happy with the product.... everything fits and its good quality stuff... but hey you only get what you pay for....

no such thing as to much power......

Viper

posted on 9/6/03 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
I bought the Avon , i would not buy another and won't buy anything from them in the future.
I bought my bushes from Luego, and visited them in person, the guy dealing woth me was happy to chat about the car even though he knew i was not going to buy one.
i believe you would get a lot more help from Luego than you would Tiger.
I can't vouch for Luegos car as i don't have one, but i am not impressed with the Tiger.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
greggors84

posted on 9/6/03 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
What are MK indys like for build quality/value.

Do they do a comprehensive kit? because that is what made me choose the tiger over the mk in the first place.

Viper

posted on 9/6/03 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
MK do turnkey cars...
comprehensive kit?? how many bits were missing?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
greggors84

posted on 9/6/03 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
Im sure there isnt a windscreen, light set and other things included in the kit. Tiger sell these things seperately but i cant find prices for any of these of these on the mk website.

Do you know if these need to be sourced from somewhere else, which would mean they need modifing to fit the Indy?

Thanks

Chris

[Edited on 9/6/03 by greggors84]

ChrisW

posted on 10/6/03 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
Not seen the Tiger 'in the flesh' but the Luego is far better quality than the MK. It is, however, more expensive. Grant and Matt are also very helpful and friendly. I'm biased of course but others that have seen my chassis have seemed to agree.

Why not go down to the next Luego bbq and have a look/test drive for yourself?

Chris

My gaff my rules

Lord Charles

posted on 10/6/03 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

the Luego is far better quality than the MK

I claim my £50 for today's deliberate mistake!

Pip pip!

Charlie

rojabuck

posted on 10/6/03 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
Luego

Luego appears to be the choice of champions.. Let's hope so.. I've just ordered one!

I am now.. Absoluterly and Utterly Skint!

STUART.SURKITT

posted on 21/7/03 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
LUEGO OR AVON

HI MATE
GO FOR THE LUEGO. ITS EASY TO BUILD GOOD QUALITY AND THINGS FIT . I HAVE JUST PUT MY VELOCITY THROUGH SVA .IT HAS A 1600 PINTO WITH A FAST ROAD CAM AND TWIN 40S . WITH NO OTHER MODS IT IS FAST AND HANDLES VERY WELL . IT IS ALSO GREAT FUN TO DRIVE. I HAVE SPENT £5000 ISH ON MINE AND HAS BEEN MONEY WELL SPENT. DO YOUR SELF A FOVOUR , AND GET THE VELOCITY.
GOOD LUCK.
STUART........

gjn200

posted on 21/7/03 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Go have a look. There only 6 miles from each other.....

<- Me!

Browser

posted on 26/8/03 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Go have a look. There only 6 miles from each other.....

As the crow flies, possibly.

Ranger

posted on 26/8/03 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
oki so i know its a lot cheeky to bring the striker kit into this one but there we go.
Out of all the kits it's looking like the luego is the better deal quality for pound which i reckons really important (less broke fingers!!).
I've just been for a look at raw engineerings striker and i'm impressed with the quality.

i'm soooooo close to choosing one now but has anyone got any negative feed back on it?? Luego vs striker its turning out to be a really hard choice!!

Never avoid the challenges in life always avoid the trees!!!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.