Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: PROGRESS AT LAST
simonk

posted on 21/9/07 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
PROGRESS AT LAST

Have spent the last week on leave from work in the garage trying to have a push at getting finished.

Engine's now fully plumbed with water and petrol, suspension has been apart (again) to fit the tubular shims from Gaz (top men....) in the shocks like I should have been told in the first place - also reset rear camber (again) to reduce negative a bit. Fitted and wired front indicators on the wings and connected up rear light clusters. Fitted instruments in dash panel - very cool - white faced ETBs in polished carbon panel.

Had booked an auto electrician to come and do the dash wiring today, but after sounding really positive he tried to work out the column switches and relay pack for two hours then apologised but said that he didn't think that he could do it ! He was very apologetic and didn't charge for the time he had spent, which was good as I subsequently had to undo or re-do most of what he had done ! Anyhow, bought a multimeter and got stuck in, and with the exception of a few silly questions (see other posts) I think I'll be OK. In fact, if I can get my alternator and ignition circuit questions answered I might even be able to try and fire it up tomorrow - now that really would be progress !!

Simon

nib1980

posted on 21/9/07 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
where are you based? maybe one of the members couls come round and help with the electrics?
simonk

posted on 21/9/07 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Am based about 10 miles due west of Cambridge just inside Bedfordshire. Will be in the garage most of tomorrow and Sunday afternoon - anyone with sparky fingers very, very welcome !! If you are free and fancy coming over then please U2U for my contact details.

Thanks
Simon

simonk

posted on 21/9/07 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Am based about 10 miles due west of Cambridge just inside Bedfordshire. Will be in the garage most of tomorrow and Sunday afternoon - anyone with sparky fingers very, very welcome !! If you are free and fancy coming over then please U2U for my contact details.

Thanks
Simon

rusty nuts

posted on 21/9/07 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Which column/ switchgear are you using? and also which wiring loom?
simonk

posted on 21/9/07 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Hi there

Sierra column, though the wiring colours and connector numbers mostly don't match the instructions that came with the loom or the relay pack - both original Viento items from old Luego.

To be honest, now I've gotten stuck in with a proper meter I'm getting along OK. Have sorted out the column and loom connections for the lighting relays and will work on the indicators/hazards and engine wiring tomorrow. No heater, wipers or washers, so lots rolled up with nothing to do !!

Thanks again
Simon

rusty nuts

posted on 21/9/07 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Might be worth doing a search on here for wiring instructions for the Sierra switches. CHECK your switches for the part number as they are wired up differently.
RichardK

posted on 22/9/07 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
I been doing my wiring lately and this is what I've worked out so far.

LINKY

Probably won't help but you never know!

Regards

Rich

[Edited on 22/9/07 by RichardK]

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.