Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: good news/bad news progress...........
jollygreengiant

posted on 19/3/08 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
good news/bad news progress...........

Well this week I've sort of been having a holiday from work. Going in and only doing the earlies, so I have been finishing at 08:00hrs.

Whist I have been off, I have been beavering away (sort of) in the garage getting the cooling system up and running.
Got all the pipes in and connected.
Filled it up with the wet stuff.
Had a water leak at the rad switch for the cooling fan.
Took me a while to find the PTFE tape, refitted switch an refilled.
Started engine but it coughed and spluttered a lot. Checked the fuel in the 1 gallon can in the back. Had half a cup of petrol left in it.
Went to garage and refilled the can and re-connected it (put take off and return into top) and restarted it.
Found that I need to reposition the feed from the header tank to the engine so that it feeds into a bottom hose instead of the bypass circuit.
Also found that I need a new pressure cap as the one that was on the header tank (out of breakers yard) does not seal (pressure valve stuck open).
However I did run the engine for about 20 minutes and on the whole everything seems good apart from the timing needs setting up and the mixture also.
However I am now a bit deaf as its very noisy with no exhaust in an enclosed garage, but I do seem to have survived trying gas myself with the exhaust fumes.

Edit bit.
Must get the exhaust done & must get the fuel tank done.

[Edited on 19/3/08 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

saigonij

posted on 19/3/08 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
nice one!!!!!

glad there has been some velocity news recently

rusty nuts

posted on 19/3/08 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Pillock! You should have pushed it outside! Really don't need to go to another funeral for a while, besides I can't get into any of my suits. S.V.A. paper work in yet? You could make Newark if Stoneleigh is a bit early?
NeilP

posted on 20/3/08 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
Go Clive! Go Clive! Go Clive!

I reckon Newark for the debut...

Get the paperwork in man!

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

richard thomas

posted on 20/3/08 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Cracking stuff - coming on nicely!

jollygreengiant

posted on 21/3/08 at 03:46 AM Reply With Quote
Had a cracking phone call last night, from HRH the King of Ally Fabrication (TrevD). He is or should be taking possession of a Tig machine in the next few days, so, ALL being well I should have my fuel tank within a few weeks(ish).

The List is getting smaller.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.