Author: Subject: Spot the Difference.
jollygreengiant

posted on 13/4/09 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
Spot the Difference.

Well, its been a fun day.
I went over to see Johhny5 today,
Johhny5
Johhny5

to give him some moral encouragement as he is working hard to get his car ready for SVA on the 21st.
He is making some good progress and he will do it no problems, he is just panicking a bit at the mo.
Johhny5 pic 1
Johhny5 pic 1

Johhn5 pic 2
Johhn5 pic 2

Any way on to the MAIN point of my post, When I got home I found that there was something different about my car (I did notice at the time of the event in question). So in the true spirit of the game I will for the moment play ignorant and ask if any of you might be able to help me with the answer, What is the difference.

PICTURE 1
Spot the difference 1
Spot the difference 1

PICTURE 2
Spot the difference 2
Spot the difference 2

Full story later.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Humbug

posted on 13/4/09 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
Nope - can't see any difference
neilj37

posted on 13/4/09 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
Thats easy ones a picture of the nearside wheel and ones a picture of the offside

[Edited on 13/4/09 by neilj37]

blakep82

posted on 13/4/09 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
both taken at different times of the day?

[Edited on 13/4/09 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

zilspeed

posted on 13/4/09 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
One of the wheels has an extra bit not normally found on a road going locost.
Not after any length of time anyway.

tomgregory2000

posted on 13/4/09 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
One has more grass in it than the other?
rusty nuts

posted on 13/4/09 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
One of them has a reflection of a big ugly b----r in it. Found out in January that Sikaflex didn't bond too well to carbon fibre , my wing departed on the A14 at about 70mph .
blakep82

posted on 13/4/09 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
if i remember rightly, johnny5 liked to 'disassemble' things...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

kelloggs

posted on 13/4/09 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
farm lane to Jonny5's garage is the same as going off roading so you have to slow down, or maybe you were just trying to fly over the potholes.
MikeR

posted on 13/4/09 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
i've got it....

on picture 2 there is a little bit of red by the shock absorber that isn't there on picture one.

Do i win a prize?

omega0684

posted on 13/4/09 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
have you been out and lost a cycle wing

i thought johny 5 was a robot?

[Edited on 13/4/09 by omega0684]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jollygreengiant

posted on 13/4/09 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
if i remember rightly, johnny5 liked to 'disassemble' things...

' Johnny 5 Alive. Do not disassemble, disassemble is dead!.'

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

jollygreengiant

posted on 13/4/09 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
One of them has a reflection of a big ugly b----r in it. Found out in January that Sikaflex didn't bond too well to carbon fibre , my wing departed on the A14 at about 70mph .

By heck Mel that pretty damn close, apart from the month and the speed. Honest Officer I was only doing 70mph, your machine MUST be faulty.

I was minding my own business, in the outside lane when, there it was going past me on the offside. It looked almost poetic, even if it was gone less than a blink of the eye. Half a mile down the road I pulled off at the next junction. Then this herbert in a Golf starts to hoot and flash at me from behind to tell me a bit fell of my car. Really I had no Idea. He/she tried to follow me round the roundabout until I pulled back onto the A14 (going back) so that I might recover it.

Alas, Carbon fibre might be strong, but it is NOT Aerodynamic and it is NOT A14 proof.
If might be OK though with some Gaffer tape and some polish.

Wing 1
Wing 1

Wing 2
Wing 2

Wing 3
Wing 3

Ho hum its only money.

tomgregory2000

posted on 13/4/09 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
It looks like quite a bit of positive camber on your wheels judging by the mud wear on it, looks like the same problem as me, top bone too long.

Tommy

jollygreengiant

posted on 13/4/09 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tomgregory2000
It looks like quite a bit of positive camber on your wheels judging by the mud wear on it, looks like the same problem as me, top bone too long.

Tommy

Yes you are right about the camber, but the reason on mine is that one of the ball joints has the right amount of threaded length whilst the other has about 12mm less threaded length. This left me with one side that was right and one that was wrong. So just to get it handling somewhere near right I adjusted the one with the correct length of thread out to match the camber on the side that was wrong. If that makes sense.
I am currently trying to source a pair of genuine dealer joints, as these (IIRC) had thread all the way to the ball joint housing. As opposed to a variable amount of land between the thread and ball joint housing that after market joints seem to have.

Paul (Notts)

posted on 13/4/09 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I am currently trying to source a pair of genuine dealer joints, as these (IIRC) had thread all the way to the ball joint housing. As opposed to a variable amount of land between the thread and ball joint housing that after market joints seem to have.

I spent a bit of time in the local motor factors looking through boxes until we found a pair with thread all the way to the end. Solved all my issues.

some were over a cm short on thread!!!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.