Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Viento Fuel Tank ID
Irony

posted on 18/7/10 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
Viento Fuel Tank ID

As you all know I am building a Viento RV8 with a Webber 500. With the kit I bought second hand came a fuel tank. I think its standard Luego but I have a few questions.

fuel tank4
fuel tank4

fuel tank3
fuel tank3

fuel tank2
fuel tank2

fuel tank
fuel tank

The object in the centre is the fuel level sender. I got that bit right. The other bit seems to be some sort of fuel pump that is within the tank. There is a filter bag and a return. What is this for? There also seems to be some sort of level sender device on it. I thought I would have a fuel pump exterior to the tank? Electricity and petrol surely don't mix?

I know these may be thick questions but could someone take the time to explain the science behind this.

Thanks in advance.

big_wasa

posted on 18/7/10 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
The bag is a filter. that "looks" like a high presure pump and sender unit from a tintop. Not sure what. You can get a low presure one to suit an rv8.

The mixture in the tank is to rich to ignite.

I know it takes a bit to get your head around the fact you have a current flowing in your tank but its fine. Its how all cars are done since the mid 90's

[Edited on 18/7/10 by big_wasa]

StrikerChris

posted on 18/7/10 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
What he said.exact same setup as mine.returns from injector rail.if your not running injection and your pump is a walbro you might get afew quid on fleabay for it!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.