Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Luego Owners Club At Newark 07
jollygreengiant

posted on 30/5/07 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
Luego Owners Club At Newark 07

Well I think its time to call it a wrap on the poll, it has been pretty consistent on about an 80/20 split in favour of Luego Owners Club.
So Mark if you could get the banner organised for that I and the rest of us would be grateful. Cheers.

Anyway I have today had confirmation From Newark that we will be allocated stand 53 in the displays area as per their map
Linky to page with map

Other info for those camping from Friday evening there will be free entertsinment on Friday evening as well as Saturday night party. this will be form 7pm in the Cedric Ford building.

Exhibitors can arive FROM 7:00AM, you do not need to wait for public opening times. The public access halls do not open until 10am Saturday and 9:30 on Sunday.

In total we had 32 people voting in the poll, It would be nice if we could get ALL 32 of us there, I know you are a great bunch of lads and that you will all do your best to make it.

Big John do you know if the "Beast" will be attending as a rolling chassis.??????

Provisions wise I think Stoneleigh worked pretty well, so I will try and do the same again from my side.

Lets put on an even better show this Newark. (16th & 17th June)

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

bj928

posted on 30/5/07 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
i would say that at the moment the beast will be attending, barring any major problems, the chassis my not be painted as i don't know how long the dry build will take, or how many mods we will need to make, but it will be there.

fingers crossed, if mark has worked the wiring out right, it will be a runner!!!!!!!

..::Nightfire::..

posted on 30/5/07 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
To see the beast is reason enough on it's own to attend!
Paul (Notts)

posted on 30/5/07 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Two weeks to get the engine running and a rolling chassis
Have been building mine for 3 years and the engine still has not run!!!!!!!.

Good luck!!!

looking forward to seeing it

Paul

jollygreengiant

posted on 30/5/07 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul (Notts)
Two weeks to get the engine running and a rolling chassis
Have been building mine for 3 years and the engine still has not run!!!!!!!.

Good luck!!!

looking forward to seeing it

Paul

I know the feeling, but mine now has a camshaft in it.

Oh yes I forgot the general area for camping plan. I would suggest as per last year, in through the gates, turn left and about 150 - 200 yards down on the right.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Paul (Notts)

posted on 30/5/07 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Very close to finishing now.

May even start the engine in the next week. Once it starts I will put in my SVA application. Then panic over everything else that needs finishing.

Paul

rusty nuts

posted on 30/5/07 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Will be there IN the Luego this time (fingers crossed), Should arrive Friday evening
bj928

posted on 30/5/07 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
it should be a rolling chassis by the weekend, have decided to go 4 stud, wanted to go granada 5 stud but would have to have to many parts made special, and would have to use second hand hubs ect, so getting the last few bits tommorow ( thursday ) 4 stud from rally design,

the good news is, from info given the engine will go under the bonnet, might sit on the engine but it will be under a standard bonnet.

jollygreengiant

posted on 10/6/07 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Ok so I am now not going to be bringing one of my kids with me. He has found something more important than cars. Yep a FEMALE.

[SO if you are from the luego Group and you are going for Both days AND you will be attending in your tin top then I have A spare entry ticket. If you would like it then u2u me.

on your marks, get set, GO.]

TICKET GONE

[Edited on 11/6/07 by jollygreengiant]

Andybarbet

posted on 11/6/07 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Peeps, long time no speak, finally got a computer again !!! internet set up yesterday and i now have a garage so once we've finished unpacking from the move, i can start moving the kit....

Will be at newark saturday lunchtime & camping til sunday, will be good to catch up - woo hoo !!!

How much is the entry ????
( Me, the boy & my partner emily)

jollygreengiant

posted on 12/6/07 at 04:18 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome back Andy, looking forward to seeing you there.

piddy

posted on 14/6/07 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Hello Andy.
I look forward to seeing you.
Entry is £8 for adults And i think £3 for your son.

richard thomas

posted on 14/6/07 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Have you all seen the weather forecast for Saturday.......

rusty nuts

posted on 14/6/07 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by richard thomas
Have you all seen the weather forecast for Saturday.......

sshhh

bj928

posted on 15/6/07 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
well i don't car about the weather, i'm all ready with a running rolling viper7

richard thomas

posted on 15/6/07 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
You sure that rad's man enough?

bj928

posted on 15/6/07 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by richard thomas
You sure that rad's man enough?

its only for the show, not planning on leaving it on, just don't know how much it will be running so thought i'd put some cooling on.

richard thomas

posted on 15/6/07 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Hoped so

rusty nuts

posted on 17/6/07 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
You were right about the weather Richard! Really needed monsoon tyres on the way up on Friday. Must get some sort of roof sorted.
jollygreengiant

posted on 17/6/07 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
I would just like to thank ALL you lads (and lasses) that turned up. Whilst the weather did put a bit of a downer on things, the effort that you ALL put in was much appreciated.
Mark & John, I just hope that we don't get an ASBO for your wee beastie after this weekend. (Yes I STILL so want to press THAT button. can't you see the grin from where you are.)
Neil, your motor was a joy to see and certainly looks worth all the effort and un-necessary hassle you had to endure.
Mel, good to see you again.
Geoff, really glad to see you again mate, Glad that you dried out and hope you had a good journey home.
To all those that I have not mentioned in person, It was good to see you there and thank you for coming. If you came with a car well done and well turned out. If you are still building, keep going cos like me you must be nearly there and it will be nice to get to next years shows with a finished car.

Thanks to all from Clive.

NeilP

posted on 17/6/07 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
Clive,

I think we all owe you a huge vote of thanks for sorting things out (again) - The banners looked great and there was lots of interest from all of the onlookers.

Having a wander around the site I think the LOC certainly made it presence felt (and heard!) and the cars all looked the business. A suggestion for the next show (from walking around at the Goodwood festival of speed a few years ago) - We could do with some info sheets on the cars - I have an A4 laminator and would be happy to do these up if people emailed through a worked up sheet - Nothing fancy, but questions like; Where did you get you engine? How long did it take? What'll she do? etc. seemed to be asked often.

My over fuelling seemed to have improved a bit from the run up as the run back was a blinder - I don't think I overtook anything less that 3 cars at a time

Donnington it is then - Hopefully a few more on the road by then.

Cheers, Neil.

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

piddy

posted on 17/6/07 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
I'll seconded that. Thanks for all your hard work and getting us together.
It was nice to meet some new faces and catch up with those from previous shows.

Lets hope for better weather at Donnington.

And all you Velocity owners get them out there, It felt like the Viento owners club at times

richard thomas

posted on 17/6/07 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry I couldn't meet up - hopefully will be at the next one...

bj928

posted on 17/6/07 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
thanks to all for making me and mark so welcome as the newest members of the club, i think we got a good responce to my "bike" engined car, although the bike engine was only an 8.0 and a gen2 engine, i like the idea of it being a bike engined car so i'll go with that!!!!!, i hope i can get it looking as good as all the others.

and here are the photos for clive.

mark-wiring

posted on 17/6/07 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Its not a bike engine the car was first so shut up lol

Unless your buying me one in which case its a bike engine pmsl.

Was really good to see you all had a great weekend oh and BTW did i actually miss anything worth seeing i spent so long talking about the beast i didnt see bugger all pmsl

[Edited on 17/6/07 by mark-wiring]

[Edited on 18/6/07 by mark-wiring]

http://www.v10viento.co.uk
Have to recommend
http://www.extraefi.co.uk/
For all Megasquirt needs

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.