Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: NEW MEMBER
bill132hotrod

posted on 13/1/08 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote

Hi too all you chaps out there with luego's iv'e just joined this forum, and thought it would be good to introduce myself, my name is BILL and i live in Dartford kent.
I have just bought a luego velocity kit from Ben in Aberdeen, i got the chassis home just before xmas and have started on the build now, i am using a sierra gt donor which i stripped out prior to getting the chassis and have overhalled all the components that i needed back to nion new condition, i sold the engine and box, because i already had an engine from my previous hobby (oval racing) so i will be using that C20XE red top vauxhall with a type 9 gearbox, the engine was rebuilt the middle of last year to full race spec, my diff is 3.6 from the sierra gt so i hope i will have a good combination
Any comments or criticism welcome, any meetings local to me or information welcome thanks to you all and hope to meet some of you soon.

NigeEss

posted on 13/1/08 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
Hello !
rusty nuts

posted on 13/1/08 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
welcome , Keep an eye out on the club section of the forum . Clive (A.K.A. Jolly green giant) will probably be along shortly. He is the guy that tends to "organise " Luego owners at any shows . There are a few Luego builders in Kent including one with a Viento with a Dodge Viper lump, you probably think you are having an earth quake when he starts it. See you around.
richard thomas

posted on 13/1/08 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome, Bill - glad you've found this place....full of good advice!

saigonij

posted on 13/1/08 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
hi mate,

i live in tonbridge and im building a velocity.

if ya need any help, give me a u2u and ill come up and help.

wilkingj

posted on 13/1/08 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the forum... You will get loads of advice on almost any subject on here.

Will you have it built for Stoneleigh this year?
ie any idea on completion.

Take your time and get it right first time. Its worth the effort!

EDIT:
Take plenty of photo's and put them in your archive on this forum so we can all see what you are up to.
I have a Viento, and I have a lot of Pictures of Luego's Demonstrator car in my archive. Feel Free to take a look.

[Edited on 13/1/2008 by wilkingj]

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RichardK

posted on 13/1/08 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the asylum

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jollygreengiant

posted on 13/1/08 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Clive (A.K.A. Jolly green giant) will probably be along shortly.

Oh no I won't. Blast I just have.

Hello again Bill, Sounds like you will have quite a little mover on you hands when finished. There are quite a few other 7 types on here that have used the VX lump for motive power, so I don't think you should have any major problems with your build & I look forward to meeting you at a future time at one of the shows.

Enjoy.

JGG

edit bit.

If you have a look in my photo archive under shows (i think) you will find some photo's of some of the finished Luego's.

[Edited on 13/1/08 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

piddy

posted on 13/1/08 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the forum Bill.

Have fun with the build.

bill132hotrod

posted on 13/1/08 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
Hey thanks for your comments, i was hoping to be near completion somewhere aruond july / august, but some how i dont think this will happen cos too many people think im a bit of a perfectionist, (not true i just like things to be right) attention to detail is my moto, anyway im rearly looking forward to seeing you all and will keep in touch, i will see what i can do with some pics for you to look at a.s.a.p but you will have to bear with me cos im not that good on the old computor.
anyway got to go im working shifts and off to work in a mo speak to you all soon regards BILL

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.