Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WANTED : Uninsulated crimp terminal for plug
Proby

posted on 13/10/11 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
WANTED : Uninsulated crimp terminal for plug

I've had a disaster with the ignition control module unit wiring harness plug on my blade engine F27. I've had problems with the tacho, and after looking at the tacho output wire in the plug, it literally pulled out in my hand! I've managed to strip the plug, and I'm pretty sure the crimp is the one in the picture/link below. Now I'm not tight by any means, but 22p each is fair enough but £3.95 postage for it is taking the piss. Anyone got one lying around, or know somewhere else to get them?

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/terminalsnonins/photo/3-8070l.jpg

Chris

[Edited on 13/10/11 by Proby]

owelly

posted on 13/10/11 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
Either beef-up the order to make the ppostage worth while or ring them and ask them to pop some in an envelope. I used AES and they posted stuff for me in a jiffy bag for £2.50 when I phoned them. Worth a try?

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bigdrew

posted on 13/10/11 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
10 x Female Blade/Spade Terminals + Insulations 2.8mm | eBay

Not sure if they are the same or not?

Ignore this, they are completely different!

[Edited on 13/10/11 by bigdrew]

[Edited on 13/10/11 by bigdrew]

Proby

posted on 13/10/11 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
Either beef-up the order to make the ppostage worth while or ring them and ask them to pop some in an envelope. I used AES and they posted stuff for me in a jiffy bag for £2.50 when I phoned them. Worth a try?

I suppose it's worth a try, I could ring them and see if they will put them in an envelope with a 41p first class stamp on, bit more reasonable! I've trawler eBay etc and to no avail, RS components only do 100 at a time, no sign of them at Maplin. Hmmmmmmmm......

omega 24 v6

posted on 13/10/11 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
May have a couple but from the picture I'm not 100% sure they are the right ones. Can you post a pic of the plug housing.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

Proby

posted on 13/10/11 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not 100% sure the one I posted above is the exact terminal. I've taken some pics of the plug, hopefully my link will work:

The broken retrieved crimp terminal:

I'm tempted if I can't find the right one, to try and solder back onto the remainder of the broken terminal, I think it might just work!

40inches

posted on 13/10/11 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
I have a few knocking about. You need to measure the width of the connecting part, length of the connector and length of the crimp part, or put up a link for the VWS item (not the photo).

Proby

posted on 13/10/11 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
It measures the same as this one......

3-8070

omega 24 v6

posted on 13/10/11 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Mmm the ones I have are for amp multi plugs. I'm not entirely sure they are an exact match for your housing. They do look very similar but perhaps with a smaller square hole in them?? See what the others come up with and if you need to try them then U2U me.

ETA that on vwp's site mines are part no 3-5560

[Edited on 13/10/11 by omega 24 v6]

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

Dusty

posted on 14/10/11 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
I know this doesn't help pricewise but I think they might be small superseal connectors or econoseal. Try the polevolt site who have more OEM stuff under sealed connectors.

[Edited on 14/10/11 by Dusty]

40inches

posted on 14/10/11 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
Not one that I have. As Owelly said, give them a ring, they are very approachable.

[Edited on 14-10-11 by 40inches]

Proby

posted on 14/10/11 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the help guys, I'm doing some work in a Vauxhall dealer today and one of the techs has given me some which are similar, not exactly the same, but I'll have a look when I get home.

Thanks again all!

Proby

posted on 15/10/11 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
Good news, I carefully soldered a flying lead onto the broken crimp and refitted it. Worked a treat. My problem now is it looks like the ECU tachometer signal is buggered. If I take a signal off one of the coil packs, I get action on the tacho, but obviously only half actual revs! The tacho is not programmable either.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.