Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: aero wings
ajw

posted on 19/3/12 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
aero wings

anyone point me to suppliers of front and rear spoiler wings for an MK Indy r used on hillclimbs new or s/h
daniel mason

posted on 19/3/12 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
if your after aero i would probably opt for a rear undertray diffuser. i see mk now make these!

RK

posted on 20/3/12 at 12:07 AM Reply With Quote
Diffuser=PlaysKool Motorsports 95 pounds.
Wing = EBay
Front = make whiskers and put an undertray on.

Before someone says they have the aerodynamics of a brick, don't listen. it isn't about performance, at least to a high percentage. And it doesn't matter!

roadrunner

posted on 20/3/12 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RK
Diffuser=PlaysKool Motorsports 95 pounds.
Wing = EBay
Front = make whiskers and put an undertray on.

Before someone says they have the aerodynamics of a brick, don't listen. it isn't about performance, at least to a high percentage. And it doesn't matter!

It is about performance, and if we can make a brick more aerodynamic, then what's the harm in that.

minitici

posted on 20/3/12 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Aerodynamic devices may only be fitted to Racing and Sports Racing cars.....
MSA Blue book (J) 5.2.7

So aero wings are OK for Sports Libre category but for 'road going' categories you can only have aero/spoilers which were factory fitment.
For 'modified' categories you can fit front spoilers, splitters or airdams and a rear spoiler which is continuous with the rear deck.

This is a somewhat condensed version of the blue book for Sprints & Hillclimbs, read the book for full details.

RK

posted on 20/3/12 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
I believe my comments included the key phrase: "at least to a high percentage". And I am the biggest sucker for this sort of thing because it is simply fun! I've made specially placed number plates, diffusers and have a huge rear wing to put on, which I know for fact will do zero at the speeds I will be going (80 km/hr) at autoslalom. It IS worth the effort, just for the juxtaposition and the reactions you get.
ajw

posted on 20/3/12 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
rear wings

My problem is to keep front and rear on the road . I have seen a number of westfields ,dax etc fitted aero devices to keep on the road. Already fitted with diffuser
RK

posted on 21/3/12 at 12:11 AM Reply With Quote
My understanding is that this can be helped immensely by a properly set up suspension as much as, or more, than anything aero. I know first hand that my badly setup MK is a handling nightmare. I went to softer springs and less air in the tyres. We'll see how it works.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.