Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: My old car
adamwilkinson

posted on 10/10/12 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
My old car

Hi guys,

Possibly the wrong section in the forum but as it was one of the first Locost race cars I thought it'd be an apt place to start.

Does anyone know where my old car is / if it's still in one piece and not scraped?
The last person who owned it was a chap on here called Chris Evans (i think) and i know he had it up for sale many years ago - anyone know who bought it?

Any information would be greatly received.

Many thanks

Adam

Bluemoon

posted on 10/10/12 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
Some photos might help?
adamwilkinson

posted on 10/10/12 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
I'll try and dig out some old pics, I know it was repainted in the Lotus JPS colours by the guys who bought it from me (James Grantham and Ged Sidnell) so any photos i add might not be of use.

Also I know they changed a fair few things on the car - it went from race winner to back of the grid after their 'tweaking'...

bi22le

posted on 10/10/12 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adamwilkinson
I'll try and dig out some old pics, I know it was repainted in the Lotus JPS colours by the guys who bought it from me (James Grantham and Ged Sidnell) so any photos i add might not be of use.

Also I know they changed a fair few things on the car - it went from race winner to back of the grid after their 'tweaking'...

Maybe your a better driver than them!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

D Beddows

posted on 11/10/12 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Adam - long time no see! - wish I knew where the 1st one I built was too - last heard of on the Locost Racing Yahoo Group thing many many years ago after Jon Glover sold it to someone who never did anything with it....... doubt it exists any more tbh sadly Mind you the 2nd one has just sat in Bretts garage for the past 5 years or so too.

Ged drove yours full time after James built a 'tweeked' ( ) one didn't he?

adamwilkinson

posted on 11/10/12 at 07:41 AM Reply With Quote
Hi David.

Yeah they bought it for Ged to drive but i remember seeing it in one of the 750 mags with James' number on it after he won the championship that year. When i spoke to him about it he said that they'd already loaded his car up after the race so just switched the numbers - only they know the truth.

I had heard about the 'special' engine James was running - was this ever proven?

Are you still racing these days?
I've been racing the 11 for the past 6odd years full time, cut back a little over the past 2 years but thats OK as the race's i do at the moment at over at Spa

D Beddows

posted on 11/10/12 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
Nah - James loaded the car on his trailer after he was confirmed champion and drove off into the sunset never really to be seen again as I recall.......

Haven't been racing.......well for about the same length of time as Bretts car's been in his garage tbh - fell out in a big way with my sister when I got married (loooong story ) so wont be doing anything with Brett again - plus I haven't had the money for the past few years for one reason or another - one of whom is 2 1/2 now and not looking to get any cheaper in the near future!

adamwilkinson

posted on 11/10/12 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
Just thought, photos - look in the second edition of Ron Champions 'how to build a sports car and race it', its featured in the racing section...
evanschris

posted on 19/10/12 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Adam I have some pics, some of me racing and some when I bent it at Snetterton and halfway through the repairs I carried out. I have emailed the current owner to see if he still wants it. Will post pics when I track them down.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.