Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which chassis?
Richard Jenkins

posted on 13/6/03 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
Which chassis?

Hypothetical question…

Suppose someone bought a rolling chassis with the aim of finishing it for racing, and the guy who sold it had welded it up himself, and although a good welder, he wasn’t such a good measurer. I know the real question should be “why didn’t the buyer measure it carefully before buying?”, but it isn’t.

So our imaginary builder now has to buy a new chassis, being neither a good measurer or a good welder himself. Which bare chassis should he go for? Luego or Stuart Taylor? Is it just down to personal preference because in reality the real difference between cars is mostly down to driver skill and engine power? Or are there some dark hidden secrets as to why most of the grid runs with Stuart Taylor?

Cheers

RJ

PS – anyone want to buy a banana shaped chassis?? V. good at RH corners!!

D Beddows

posted on 13/6/03 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
Bad luck on the chassis front - easily done sadly......the second part of the message is a response to buying a Stuart Taylor chassis

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.......... no, Ian 'Stuart Taylor' Grey would love you to think so tho.

Don't believe the hype

Dave

Markp

posted on 13/6/03 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
choice

I think you need to look in to each and see which is best for you.

I'm not sure about price but I would say there isn't much difference in the build quality.

You'll probably find MK more helpfull.

My own opinion.

Mark.

DickieB

posted on 14/6/03 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
I was told that MK were much better than Stuart Taylor - but no-one told me why - and I'd be amazed if there was anything in it!
If I was building from scratch I would go for Luego or Procomp depending which I lived closer to, my preference being Procomp - Ivan Gilmour is a top bloke and really helpful even if you don't buy anything off him!

http://www.TeamDickie.co.uk

[Edited on 14/6/03 by DickieB]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Deckman001

posted on 14/6/03 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
From what I've been told, Procomp are Very Good, but it comes at a price, and sadly, I don't think M.K. still do their locost kits, I think they are concentrating on their Indy (i.r.s.) and GT1
Both lovely cars, but not eligable for locosting

Jason

Visco

posted on 15/6/03 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
Deckman
Not sure where you got your information from but....................I think you'll find that there are 2 Procomp with more coming month by month and I think there's an MK, 32 Derek Linley.
Most were entered last year i.e Darryl Beckwith 2001 Locost Champ racing a procomp !!

Nothing wrong with using these chassis at all !!

DickieB

posted on 15/6/03 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
I use an MK - they still make the parts for their chassis - albeit their new versions and not their old versions as Dan 69 found out.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Deckman001

posted on 15/6/03 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry for any misleading, I didn't mean that procomp didn't do a locost kit, they make a bloody good one !!. I meant that M.K.'s present kits ie Indy and GT1 do not fit the locost regs
Sorry for any confusion

Jason

Richard Jenkins

posted on 16/6/03 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the feedback - order's gone in today for a Luego

RJ

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.