Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: C'mon then Mr Kjaer......
D Beddows

posted on 31/7/03 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
C'mon then Mr Kjaer......

Buy/ borrow a car and come and have a go then, not being funny here but other experienced FFord drivers haven't found it that easy to win!????????????

Different car, different racing........

Otherwise it just looks like you're taking the wee

Simon

posted on 1/8/03 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
?

ATB

Simon

[Edited on 1/8/03 by Simon]

D Beddows

posted on 4/8/03 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
well so am I it appears (confused that is!)........... so I take it you are not THE Nick Kajaer, FFord championship contender/next F1 champion etc from the website link then?? or is that all b*llocks ? ...........

Good luck to you if you are one and the same but, IF you are I don't understand the Locost interest?

Rick

posted on 4/8/03 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
Well I could be wrong (and often am) but my guess is that being a ARDS examiner does not pay enough for competitive formula ford racing.
Racing is in the blood forever, so he is looking for something cheaper.

If this is the case I sympathise as my son is in the same position.

Didn't say how well he done in JICA on the web site. That would be nice to know.

Rick

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
D Beddows

posted on 4/8/03 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
No, if that's the case then fair enough. I'm willing to admit to have been probably a little unfair (saying you got bored reading the regs wasn't a good start though - no matter how ironic it may have been.....)

Locost racing wont ever get you noticed by anyone influential though, the only people to have gone on to bigger and better things (and there have been a couple) have had serious financial family backing/contacts.

And if you don't decisively beat all the 'amateurs' to the championship very quicky in an obviously legal car it could possibly seriously damage any future 'proper' racing career you might have.......bit of a risk imho but what the hey, the more the merrier

andyjack

posted on 5/8/03 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
Syd.
What a crock. Mr Kjaer has been the model of restraint if you ask me. Mr.Beddows has taken it upon himself to have a unprovoked pop at mr Kjaer, and has publicly implied that he may be lying. I would certainly have had more to say than pull your head in, if this post and what it implies was aimed at me.
Dont know about your part of Auz, but in my part of England we reserve the right to defend ourself from unprovoked attack as well as making sure the Bull goes on the garden.

D Beddows

posted on 5/8/03 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
Lets all settle down on this one eh

I believe I have apologised enough in previous postings AND expained why I started this thread (ie sorry Nick you probably weren't but it did look as though you were taking the piss)

I'm not sure I 100% approve of people using the formula to simply upgrade their racing licence but being realistic it's going to happen/ is happening already - just don't expect it to be a series of easy victories.

As to who I think I am........well no one whatsoever in the big scheme of things obviously, but after 4 seasons I do know by default an awful lot about Locost racing - so why haven't we moved on you may ask? - money and time obviously, if you have a full time job you can't do the testing that is required and you have household bills to pay etc etc - doesn't mean that most of us wouldn't be competitive in 'better' formula it's just that we can't afford to be competitive in them.

As I said before good luck in whatever you do

Cheers

Dave

D Beddows

posted on 5/8/03 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
We look forward to seeing you out there - no hard feelings from this side

cheers

Dave

Mark Allanson

posted on 5/8/03 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like highly entertaining stuff, this racing, possibly a serious competitor to the World Wrestling Federation on Sky, Saturday mornings
DickieB

posted on 8/8/03 at 06:55 AM Reply With Quote
Personally I do it for the sheer fun of it - isn't that what it's supposed to be about?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.