Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Proof of Age
PioneerX

posted on 11/2/04 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
Proof of Age

Does anyone know the address where I can get a proof of age for my Vauxhall engine.

I know it came from 89 Carlton because I spent 4 hours in a wet scrappy taking it out, but the car has now been crushed and he didnt keep the V5. I can get a reciept to say it was 1989 Calrton engine and gearbox but this would be hand written. I;m not sure Mr.SVA would be convinced.

Thanks

Simon

[Edited on 11/2/04 by PioneerX]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 11/2/04 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
have you tried these?

Vauxhall Motors Ltd
North Rd
Ellesmere Port Merseyside
CH65 1AL

Tel: 01513 553777

May be able to help - other than that... no idea. We just received our confirmation from Honda abou the validity of our engine - via Honda (had to go to Japan tho'

PioneerX

posted on 12/2/04 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
Hellfire,

Thanks for that. I rang them. After some investigation bu the very nice lady on the phone she was told by the technical support depart that if I supply the engine number they would be tell me within a five year period when it was build, not the actual year.

Maybe I'm being fobbed off, but this sounds strange to me. I know my engine came from a 1989 Carlton, but the best vauxhall can do is tell me that the engine was build between '1988 and 1993' they could not be more accurate. I started to feel fobbed off when I was told 'talk to your local dealership, they may have more experience in engine than the technical department, do you want the number?'

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 12/2/04 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
Try Northy, I seem to remember him having a number for vauxhall at one point in the past. Also ask stu16v or skippad what they did for their sva, they've passed now with vx motors.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

Stu16v

posted on 12/2/04 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
I used the donor vehicle log book that the engine came out of-no help here really....

[Edited on 12/2/04 by Stu16v]

Dont just build it.....make it!

Hellfire

posted on 13/2/04 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
Pioneer

I suggest you are being fobbed off... if Vauxhall can't trace the year by the engine number then how the hell do they recall so many of their vehicles?

By their own Standards they should be able to trace every car they make by the engine/chassis number. Maybe BSI would be interested...

Mind you Vauxhall's performance around that time Vectra Mk1 doesn't inspire with confidence... so I wouldn't be surprised really. Sorry I can't help further...

Good luck

GO

posted on 14/2/04 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
Having a similar problem with Mazda, got an engine number but no chassis number. Phone up Mazda and all they can say is, "sorry sir, we need a chassis number to find any details about your car"

bloody annoying!!

PioneerX

posted on 25/2/04 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
Luckly for me the wifes Vx Cav ran out of MOT and is going to be far too much to MOT. I've informed the DVLA that I have performed an engine transplant (engines are almost identical), whent he V5 returns I will have an engine donor V5. The V5 for my wifes Cav is also the same year as the engine (1989).
Northy

posted on 25/2/04 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Hi guys, never saw this thread till now, but might still help.

You need to ring the following number: 01582 427288

and ask to speak to Jonathan Bell. He is the Vehicle Registrations Systems Co-ordinator at Vauxhall Motors and should be able to help you

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.