Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Roll bar mounted Harnesses
locoboy

posted on 17/9/03 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
Roll bar mounted Harnesses

Morning all,

I have searched for threads relating to this but cant find the one i am sure i have read before.

I have read on here somewhere that it is a requirement to weld your roll bar to the chassis if you wish to mount the harnesses from it? can anyone confirm this please?

Also is it a requirement to have the horizontal bar with the mounts on welded to the roll bar uprights or will bolting be sufficient?

Cheers

Colin

ATB
Locoboy

David Jenkins

posted on 17/9/03 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
I can't speak about the welding requirement, apart from saying that I hope it isn't true!

Mine is bolted on with eight 8mm HT bolts at the top hoop mounting plates, and four 10mm HT bolts at the bottom of the stays, so it's going to take a lot to break it loose! It's also made up of 50mm o/d tube, 3mm wall thickness, so it's "non-trivial" ('king 'eavy, I know that). The threaded parts are made up from solid stock, welded to both sides of the tube.

The SVA manual isn't specific - it just says that the belts must be fastened to strong, structural parts of the chassis.

cheers,

David

[Edited on 17/9/03 by David Jenkins]

Spyderman

posted on 17/9/03 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins

The SVA manual isn't specific - it just says that the belts must be fastened to strong, structural parts of the chassis.

David

[Edited on 17/9/03 by David Jenkins]

I think that might be the crux of it. "structural parts of the chassis" in my interpretation would mean something that is permanently part of the chassis and not bolted on.

Terry

Spyderman

David Jenkins

posted on 17/9/03 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
Those are my words, not the SVA manual!

I'll look at it tonight, if I remember.

DJ

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.