Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: what do I do now?
200mph

posted on 14/10/03 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
what do I do now?

Bought my escy mk1 about 8 months ago, and never got round to changing registered owners, so still registered to some dude in leeds. Am about ready to get the car scrapped as have removed just about all components, but was unsure what I should do. Take it I should change the regstered owner fisrt, then sort the rest out?

Cheers
Mark

stephen_gusterson

posted on 14/10/03 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
i have done the same thing, but for 3 years

according to recent posts, you will get a 25 pound fine for not declaring SORN (stat off road notice).

Also its kinda illegal not to have re registered it. As my car has been in the grave for 2 1/2 years its effectively scrapped.

Im going to write and say I scrapped the car 3 years ago, and never got a confirmation from dvla. can they please confirm that its been done so there are no probs at sva.

id try that if i were you - it might save you money

atb

steve

JoelP

posted on 14/10/03 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
i myself would definately register it to myself first, avoids complication.

if no sorn has been declared, maybe consider saying you only just bought it, then they cant fine you. *i am not advising you to break the law though!*

you can send it all in one letter, that you have bought the car recently, that its off road, dismantled, and that you plan to make a kit car. a seperate letter telling them the chassis is gone.

did you tell the chap you got it off your details? if so, make sure you dont contradict yourself!

remember you can get fined for not registering a car properly. and you can always say stuff got lost in the post officer!

RoadkillUK

posted on 14/10/03 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
I've had my donor for about 3 years, I've never taxed it and I registered it to my name on the day. Just like to say that I've not heard from DVLA/DVLC about the car tax or SORN.

I wonder if they will say anything when I go to register the locost?

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
200mph

posted on 14/10/03 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
surely to fine me they would have to prove that I have had the car for a period of time though, and the only way they could dispute what I say is by asking the previous owner, which it's not worth their hassle to do.

Its cleared thing up for me though, cheers!

JoelP

posted on 14/10/03 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
you are probably right. When you apply for a log book without sending in the V5, they do contact the last registered keeper. He will get fined for not registering it, unless lost in post applies. If he say he sold it to you and it looks like pork pies have been told, trouble may follow. Lying on a signed form can be quite a big fine, not implying you would of course.

all depends on if you gave him your name. if you didnt, its all quite simple.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.