Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Its a PASS
mk blade

posted on 20/10/03 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
Its a PASS

Had SVA today, at beverley, nearly 50mile drive there starting out at 6am, boy was i cold when i got there. No rain tho' thank god.

Failed on a few minor points.

1. No trim on front cycle wings. (started to fall off on way so took off, easy fix refitted.)

2. Brake balance too far to rear. (have bias bar, so removed locking pin adjusted untill pass, then had to redrill hole for locking pin, no problem)

3. lower edge of dash not 19mm radius, is radius edge but not 19mm. (Was happy with some rubber trim stuck to lower edge, easy job.)

4. Head light beam pattern, both dip and main beam elements where lighting at the same time, how i did not spot this one i dont now. The light appeared to dip (both elements at have power) and main (both elements at full power). A quick poke around with the meter found the probem and that was that sorted.

5. self centering of steering, (had not put enough toe out on, put on more and he was happy.)

Atfer a quick check of the failed points and it was a PASS.

I must say that the examiner (Paul Watson) was very fair but checked every thing. I like this man.

Just got to get her registered now as the beverley dvla office said i was outside there area so would have to go to sheffield. Oh well at least it passed.

And had a 100mile trouble free round trip, except for meeting a hurd of cows while taking a short cut on the way home, word of advice DONT drive through cow S**T it makes a real mess see pics in archive.

Mark H

posted on 20/10/03 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one mate - they re-tested you the same day? I've heard stories both pos and neg about Beverly now!

Another Yorks driver ont road!

Mark Harrison and
Q986 KCP back from the dead...

JoelP

posted on 20/10/03 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
a buzzer indeed. That cow crap looks bleak! any in the face!?

i'll end up at beverly too so its a good start!

theconrodkid

posted on 20/10/03 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
well done that man,didnt they say anything about the exhaust?they have to be lagged darn sarf

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Northy

posted on 20/10/03 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Well done!

Is that a stick-on center mirror? Did that pass?

Would really like more details of your car, and perhaps pictures as I'll be taking mine to Beverly. Is that a digi-dash? Is it a CF dash?

Cheers

[Edited on 20/10/03 by Northy]

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Viper

posted on 20/10/03 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Well done that man.
But one thing i don't undestand (has been said before) wht lock the bias bar, the sva book says you can have bias adjustable brakes just that the brakes will be tested at maximum adjustments both ends....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
greggors84

posted on 20/10/03 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
What do you mean they have to be lagged, will the MK exhaust pass?

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

mk blade

posted on 21/10/03 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
I'll try to answer all

Yes was retested on same day, the examiner was a very nice bloke, seemed to like seeing the kit cars and wanted them to pass if he could, but with out breaking an regs.

I heard that the bias bar hand to be locked so locked it was. Was test 3 time tho untill we got a setting that passed, then relocked up.

Yes it is a stick on centre mirror but it is super glued on, have to be permantly fixed.

It is a digidash great piece of kit, little expencive when compared to single gauges but great value for money when u think what it can do.

Exhaust passed as it was, is a standard MK system with no alterations. Passed noise test at 97dB so some to spare.

Of to the sheffield DVLA office now to see if we can get her registered.

Oh and the cow S**T only got the car not me thank god.

Cussed

posted on 21/10/03 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Very well done. You must be dead chuffed

Eddie

Ben_Copeland

posted on 22/10/03 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
nice one!!!! I will get there one day

Shall be avoiding cow sh!t !!!!

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

Browser

posted on 22/10/03 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

But one thing i don't undestand (has been said before) wht lock the bias bar, the sva book says you can have bias adjustable brakes just that the brakes will be tested at maximum adjustments both ends....

Come on now Viper, you don't mean to say you want the SVA inspectors to actually read the inspection manual now do you?

Jasper

posted on 24/10/03 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one - that's a fine looking car.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.