Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Passed at Beverley
TPG

posted on 12/1/04 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Passed at Beverley

Returned to Beverley with the 1st attempt fail points fixed.And after a futher fettle with the n/s mirror & speedo got my very own MAC 'ticket.Nice.As per my 1st visit I found the tester very fair & helpful.My advise to add after sva testing watching for the 1st time on Locost is:Make sure the 'rack mounts are strong enough.With the car sat on the ground,full wieght.Make sure the rack doesn't rock with the steering wheel.Only slowly rock the steering wheel.You may be unplesently suprised.Mirrors.Try to get hold of the mirrors that make stuff look "smaller and futher away than they are".I had to nip out and get one in Beverley(R M Motorcycles.2 mins from the centre).If your mirrors give you a 1 to1 size reflection you'll have trouble.Now to attack the registrationDid you know it's just gone up to 38 quid for 1st reg'ing?Robbing B...........
Mk-Ninja

posted on 12/1/04 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
Well done that man.

Thanks for the tip on the mirror, I think minr are 1:1.

Gordon

I'm sure I've got one, just don't know where I've put it

jacko

posted on 12/1/04 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
sva

congratulation

I hope to be at beverley sva soon
with my mk indy

jacko the busman

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacko

posted on 12/1/04 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
TPG
did sva man check for e marks on the
mirrors my mirrors have no e marks on them
jacko the busman

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
alister667

posted on 12/1/04 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
Congratulations, nice looking car. Well done.
loafersmate

posted on 12/1/04 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
Mirror's don't have to be E marked, they are E marked or comply with the edge radii and surface area critera as in the SVA manual.

Cheers

Ben

jacko

posted on 12/1/04 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
Ben thanks for the info

Jacko

TPG

posted on 12/1/04 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Mirrors

Jacko.I didn't see the inspector check the mirrors for "e" marks.Thats not to say he didn't.At 1st on the mirror test the inspector sits in the car and 'cause of experance knows what is and isn't good.Then the cones come out to be sure.The reason the mirrors are difficult to pass is because the "interior" mirror is 30%ish blocked by the seat backs and so the rear views have to be GOOD.The mirrors on the car in the photo ach' are not what it went thru the test with.They are far to smallYou will be needing to mount them roughly where mine are mounted so you get a view over the rear arch.Bear in mind your can not move your head about to get the reqiured view from a given mirror.
TPG

posted on 12/1/04 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
Oh!Thanks All for the congrats.Cheers.
bob

posted on 13/1/04 at 12:02 AM Reply With Quote
TPG well done from the boys in the south

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.