Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: My BGH gearbos has arrived
oldtimer

posted on 15/11/08 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
My BGH gearbos has arrived

My BGH E3 HD C/R gearbox has arrived. That was the last major component so now all (all?) I have to do is a spot of welding, dab of sanding, splash of paint and stick it all together. Anyone know the aproximate number of parts? give or take...
bimbleuk

posted on 15/11/08 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
Never think about the whole picture just the small tasks you can work on each day! Makes the time go much faster.

My BGH has a great since I bought it about 3 years previous but as you know I've been giving mine a hard time. I might even need the final upgrade to the E8 spec some time next year (tougher synchros).

triumphdave

posted on 15/11/08 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
Picked mine up from BGH yesterday,had a right laugh trying to fit 1.9 ltrs of oil in it this afternoon.

If you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always got

coozer

posted on 15/11/08 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
How much is a BGH gearbox by the way??

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Mole

posted on 15/11/08 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
This much
tomgregory2000

posted on 15/11/08 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote

rusty nuts

posted on 15/11/08 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Worth every penny IMHO.
cidersurfer

posted on 15/11/08 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
I'll agree with that...

shimming solid lifters is a job for a friend...

oldtimer

posted on 15/11/08 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
They are pretty good about discounts. My group buy went nowhere but BGH still discount if you pester them enough.
procomp

posted on 15/11/08 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Hi .

Them prices have risen quite a bit over the last couple of years. It would now make a genuine SH quaife / Tranex straight cut with better more usable ratios seem quite a good price these days compared.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
oldtimer

posted on 15/11/08 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Not so sure about the comparison there - quaife clubmans is considerably more expensive than the HD BGH equivalent and takes no where near the HP. I don't want first too tall either - mostly road use for me.
procomp

posted on 15/11/08 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hi i was referring to a SH ( second hand ) Box. These can be had for £400 - £800 depending upon spec etc. Ideally for these sorts of cars you could do with a 2.54 or even a 2.04 first gear to make them usable. Not sure what you mean by wont take the power. Having run BGH gearboxes in many cars over the years they are on there limit with 180 bhp and torque at 170 ish. where as a quaife / tranex will do over 200bhp and 200 ish torque.
Mind the casing usually gives up before then.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bimbleuk

posted on 16/11/08 at 05:26 AM Reply With Quote
Well I've got an E7 spec BGH gearbox which I've been putting 200 lbs ft of torque through (270 BHP) for a couple of years and its not broken yet. Though I don't race with my kit car and the type 9 certainly needs modification to survive at constant high RPM.

[Edited on 16-11-08 by bimbleuk]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.