Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New scoring system for F1 in 2009??
BenB

posted on 26/11/08 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
New scoring system for F1 in 2009??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7749751.stm

I think it'd be a shame. After all consistency can be a good thing. Take Gio in BTCC for example.

If you make it all about winning you'll get more Massa T-bone type banzai moves... good for TV but rubbish for racing...

iank

posted on 26/11/08 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
I suspect it's another example of trailing the unacceptable in order to get the teams to agree to what you actually want as it isn't quite as bad.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

will121

posted on 26/11/08 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
just think he cant remember past this season and still gutted ferrari didnt win the championship, and doing this to be able to say well Ferrari would have won!!
russbost

posted on 26/11/08 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
New points scoring system - what like the red cars get as many extra points awarded at any time during the season that Bernie sees fit in order for the championship to go down to the last race where if at all possible you make sure a red car comes out on top!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Mole

posted on 26/11/08 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
They may even introduce it retro-actively.
iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 26/11/08 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
he mentioned aout only getting an extra 2 points for risky over taking - maybe they should make the point differences between positions bigger.
So instead of

10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1

have

20-15-12-8-6-4-2-1

Points difference so large it is important to really try and win, buts its not all over if you dont!!

speedyxjs

posted on 26/11/08 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
^^^ That would be a good idea but i personally think the current setup works fine.

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

johnston

posted on 26/11/08 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
One big draw back i see with this is.

If someone does try to attack for the lead they get penalised for being to aggressive driving unsafely etc etc.

Another one is if a contender isn't likely to get an all important 1st place due to accident or puncture bad qualifying etc whats to stop them just pulling into the pits early to savetheir engine for the next race??

chrisg

posted on 27/11/08 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
Looking at that news report the thing that strikes me is that Bernie desperately needs a stylist!

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

smart51

posted on 27/11/08 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johnston
if a contender isn't likely to get an all important 1st place due to accident or puncture bad qualifying etc whats to stop them just pulling into the pits early to savetheir engine for the next race??

I think you would see a lot of that. Currently, you can chase and see if you get a couple of points to minimise the damage. If there is nothing to gain by staying out, chances are you'll come in early, or if they ban that, just tootle round a couple of thou under the rev limit to save the engine.

RK

posted on 27/11/08 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
He will not live long and it all won't matter. The stress of his wife leaving him will do it if nothing else... then we'll see how long 500 US dollah budgets will be around. He has made a lot of people rich, himself notwithstanding, and has had a good life from the looks of it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.