Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Motaleria is famous
smart51

posted on 26/6/09 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
Motaleria is famous

Total kit car has a brief snippet about it, and they seem to like it.

Steve G

posted on 26/6/09 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
Looks fantastic doesnt it. Uses a new spec Yamaha R1 with flat plane crank?? I didnt know anyone had managed to write off such a new bike to give the donor engine.
iank

posted on 26/6/09 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve G
Looks fantastic doesnt it. Uses a new spec Yamaha R1 with flat plane crank?? I didnt know anyone had managed to write off such a new bike to give the donor engine.

I believe the record for a superbike engine sold by yorkshire-engines was something like 3/4 of a mile.
Too many born again bikers get on brand new 1litre bikes after not having ridden for 20 years. Some of them don't even get home.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Steve G

posted on 26/6/09 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
Thinking about it - I'm sure i heard of a busa that fell off the back of a wagon (literally) somewhere - it was being delivered to a dealer and got dropped. Ended up for sale with zero miles

??

ko_racer

posted on 26/6/09 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
I thought it had a 2004-6 5VY engine in it??
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeRJ

posted on 26/6/09 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

The new R1 has a cross plane crank (conventional inline 4s have a flat plane crank).

Steve G

posted on 26/6/09 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:

The new R1 has a cross plane crank (conventional inline 4s have a flat plane crank).

You're right of course!! That piece of journalism is looking worse by the second then - its only the 09 R1 only that has uneven firing order isnt it???

Vindi_andy

posted on 26/6/09 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
Tango is famous too

http://www.totalkitcar.com/news.php#1784

DarrenW

posted on 26/6/09 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
Sure is a magnificent car. Its nice to see that whilst it has a certain look it is suitable different so as to be a bespoke design. I like it a lot.

I didnt realise it was parked next to Cloudy's warner. Again another very good build. I particularly liked its clean uncluttered purposeful look. Had a sleek look to it.

The tax disc holder bit made me smile - a prize from the 'totalkit car box-o-sh1te'

nitram38

posted on 26/6/09 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
I don't know what they were on, but my engine is an 05 and it is clearly on the airbox!
Ian Stent wants to feature the car so I am awaiting the phone call............and the cheque!!!!

Update: Just got an email from Ian to say that they want to do a joint feature with me and Cloudy soon!

They have just removed the R1 engine spec comments..............it wasn't me who told them!

[Edited on 26/6/2009 by nitram38]

chrisg

posted on 26/6/09 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
I'll expect my comission by return of post...........

Can't wait for the article, well done to both of you

cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.