Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: E-Bay
kj

posted on 6/6/13 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
E-Bay

How long would you give someone on e-bay to pay and collect an item?
Item sold sent invoice nothing, contacted him nothing and again and got back sorry i can collect this week, then nothing.
I have another buyer, should i just sell it? this is after nearly 2 weeks.

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 6/6/13 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
if you're not worried about final valuation fees i'd send a request to cancel transaction on the grounds he's non responsive or hasn't paid, then i'd sell it to your other buyer! best case scenario he will cancel and you get your fees refunded and items still sold, if he refuses then you pay the fees & tell him cos of the messing around items gone!

HTH

Aaron

Work to Live don't Live to Work

Phil_neast

posted on 6/6/13 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
Keith,

I would sell it, people sometimes cannot collect next day, but there is little excuse for bad communication. Take the firm sale and the money.

Phil

mookaloid

posted on 6/6/13 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
If you have another buyer and the first one hasn't paid in 2 weeks then just sell it to the second. If he eventually turns up then just say 'sorry no longer available'.

As a seller you are under no legal obligation to complete the transaction as far as I can tell.

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Slimy38

posted on 6/6/13 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
My wife gives the absolute minimum time that Ebay allow to raise a non-payment case. The problem is the case itself takes 5 days (I think), and only after that is finished are you strictly allowed to resell or do whatever with it. Before then it's still a legally binding contract (or at least as binding as Ebay make it!)

If I was selling something on here, I'd go out of my way to assist the buyer. If I was selling something on Ebay, I would be as brutal as possible with the timescales, and do everything according to Ebay guidelines.

kj

posted on 6/6/13 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers, just thought i would get a bit advice first as to what others would think as i would not like to jump the gun.
Hows the car Phil?

tomprescott

posted on 6/6/13 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
Pretty sure that an ebay ad would constitute as a specific contract rather than an invitation to treat, that said, even after accepting the offer (i.e. winning the bid) if the item isn't paid for within a reasonable period of time, as a seller (in general, not specifically on ebay) you have the right to void the contract - I would guess there are two important issues here, firstly whether or not by posting an ad on ebay you agree to minimum times to complete the transaction, and secondly whether there are any specifics under the distance selling regulations, otherwise, two weeks without contact seems a reasonable time to void the deal...

A bird in the hand....

Phil_neast

posted on 6/6/13 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kj

Hows the car Phil?

Going well, thanks. Put the new box in and it has made a big difference, I can hear things now at 70 mph rather than just engine scream😄

robinj66

posted on 6/6/13 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Actually I'm not sure there is a contract - there's an offer and an acceptance and an intention by boith parties to be legally bound biur where's the "consideration"?

No money paid and therefore the "buyer" has not completed his part - therefore no contract.

Mind you, it is a long time since I studied contract law in any great detail

[Edited on 6/6/13 by robinj66]

kj

posted on 7/6/13 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
Well i will give him untill Monday, you can't say any more than that.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.