Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Non starter
LBMEFM

posted on 20/7/19 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
Non starter

MK Indy with 1995 Fireblade 893cc engine

My poor old Indyblade has been sitting in the workshop for far too long so last week fired it up and there was a bad fuel leak in the No1 carb. New set of "O" rings solved that. Engine then ticking over and warming up it suddenly cut out and now refuses to start. Checked wiring all seems OK, but no spark. Have ordered a cheap ebay ECU, any other ideas, it has got me stuck. Cheers Barry

watsonpj

posted on 20/7/19 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
I just fired my blade up after a while sitting and it too started OK. The this week one of the coils went.
I guess it could be both. Are you seeing power at the coils.

40inches

posted on 20/7/19 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LBMEFM
MK Indy with 1995 Fireblade 893cc engine

My poor old Indyblade has been sitting in the workshop for far too long so last week fired it up and there was a bad fuel leak in the No1 carb. New set of "O" rings solved that. Engine then ticking over and warming up it suddenly cut out and now refuses to start. Checked wiring all seems OK, but no spark. Have ordered a cheap ebay ECU, any other ideas, it has got me stuck. Cheers Barry

Mate had same problem with a ZX9R, was the 100ohm resister on feed to ECU. Do Blades have a resistor in the ignition switch?

LBMEFM

posted on 20/7/19 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies, I don't believe there is a resistor feeding the ECU. There is no
constant feed at the coils, I assume the ECU sends a pulse to the coils generated by the pulse generator or should there be a constant feed to the coils as well?

watsonpj

posted on 22/7/19 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
I just pulled the connection from the coil and put a bulb across it. The light flashes when it pulses
rusty nuts

posted on 22/7/19 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Don’t know about bike engines but cars normally have an ignition live to the coil(s) with the ECU switching the coils . Check the wiring from the ignition switch to the coil?
LBMEFM

posted on 22/7/19 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers mate, as I thought, I assume that the ECU is not working then or there is no signal from the pulse generator. When I get the eBay ECU I've ordered I will try it, if no luck I'll check the wiring and the pulse thingy. Thank you for your help.
watsonpj

posted on 23/7/19 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
so got my coil last night and put it on and went from running on 2 (3&4) and now running on 2.1 (the occasional cough from number 1) so it wasn't just the coil.
The spark looks good so now i'm into fueling I guess.

Pete

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.