Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Opinions on my switch panel for SVA please
RazMan

posted on 10/6/06 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
Opinions on my switch panel for SVA please

I've just covered my switch panel (which sits on the tunnel and meets the dash) and it occurred to me that the led lights might not be SVA friendly. I have used 3mm foam under Alcantara, Savage switches and led indicators.

What do you think? Rescued attachment Switch panel 1.jpg
Rescued attachment Switch panel 1.jpg

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RazMan

posted on 10/6/06 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
Here's a pic from the side to give you a better idea. Rescued attachment Switch panel 2.jpg
Rescued attachment Switch panel 2.jpg

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Guinness

posted on 10/6/06 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
I think you'll be alright as "sharp edges" applies except where projection is less than 3.2mm from the panel.

So you could have very small spikes if you wanted!?!?

Even if they are close to 3.2mm I bet this reduces when you apply "light pressure".

Good luck with it, you really look to be doing a top quality job on the build.

HTH

Mike

john_p_b

posted on 10/6/06 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
should be fine, my LED passed and that's mounted on to a standard plastic dash.

looks well smart by the way!

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

donut

posted on 10/6/06 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
yeah looks ok to me... and very smart may i add!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

piddy

posted on 10/6/06 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
I thinks you will be fine.
the only thig I would say is the brake warning light has to have the correct symbol over the light. (excalmation mark inside a circle all in brackets)

RazMan

posted on 10/6/06 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by piddy
I thinks you will be fine.
the only thig I would say is the brake warning light has to have the correct symbol over the light. (excalmation mark inside a circle all in brackets)

Isn't that what mine is then?

Cheers,
Raz

DavidM

posted on 10/6/06 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
Is that an ashtray at the bottom?

Proportion is Everything

RazMan

posted on 10/6/06 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DavidM
Is that an ashtray at the bottom?

That is the only storage area in the car! It is in fact a cubby hole for loose change etc. Ever tried getting into your jeans pocket for toll fees when you are deep in a bucket seat with no room to move?

Thanks for all the positive comments guys - I will carry on and hope Mr SVA is as good as you lot

[Edited on 10-6-06 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

esn163

posted on 11/6/06 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
That looks great .

Switch layout looks vaguely familiar lol

1st electrics test
1st electrics test

LEDs look good, are they just going to be tell-tales for all the other switches?

Ed

[Edited on 11/6/06 by esn163]

Indy Build Photos
** Build pages **
Photo Bucket Pics

DIY Si

posted on 11/6/06 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
That should pass. I think since it looks so good, the sva man may not quite be as strict with the radii anyway. From what I can gather, if the car looks like you put loads of effort in, they may overlook some minor faults.
RazMan

posted on 12/6/06 at 07:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by esn163
That looks great .

Switch layout looks vaguely familiar lol

Hey, great minds and all that

I was thinking about configuring the savage switches for dual brightness but when I found these blue 12v led's I thought they would be easier (and more visible in daylight) as telltales although one or two will be dummies and are just there for symmetry.

Cheers,
Raz

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.