Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SVA questions, with photos
02GF74

posted on 23/8/06 at 07:03 AM Reply With Quote
SVA questions, with photos

as before, but with photos so you know what I'm on about

I know a lot, if not all has been covered before but if I show my specific case, then that will make it clearer.

1. track rod end, covered with convoluted tubing, will be tie wrapped, ok?
track rod covered
track rod covered

2. exposed solenoid terminals, hmmmmm, thinking of putting a plastic box to cover it - comments?
chassis looking good
chassis looking good

3. battery clamp; hmmm, not how I would have done it and don't like it since I can envisage a minute possibility of it shorting across the terminals - I can't access underneath to fit the base clamp thingies so thinking of using a tube with rubber hose instead - suggestions? (The current clamps should not move but will MR SVA be happy?) (caged nuts or rivet nuts?)
Image deleted by owner

4. handbrake crosspoint screws - fill in the heads with silicone?
[img][/img]

5. mountney spokes - think I'll borrow that pad - but I have a collapsible boss so not sure that will fit - see second row of bolts. Incidentally I am using stainless scres - would SVA man be happy; I think I can get stronger 10.9 ones, stainless being A2.
mountney spokes
mountney spokes

exhaust shield - no sharp edges but SVA compliant? also the bracket at the back ok? (removal seems the solution here).
Description
Description

front upright - anything else you can see that is bad here? (damn, should have rotated the photo )
front upright
front upright

THANKS!

RazMan

posted on 23/8/06 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
One thing worth mentioning is that if your indicators are mounted on the nose cone, the suspension area apparently becomes inaccessable by Mr SVA's test for sharp edges.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iank

posted on 23/8/06 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
One thing worth mentioning is that if your indicators are mounted on the nose cone, the suspension area apparently becomes inaccessable by Mr SVA's test for sharp edges.

True, but only if they are quite sturdy (i.e. mounted on a steel bar). It count's as a bumper IIRC, but SVA testers whim probably comes into it as well

Stuart Walker

posted on 23/8/06 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
2. exposed solenoid terminals, hmmmmm, thinking of putting a plastic box to cover it - comments?

I failed on this. He wanted them individually insulated too, rather than a single cover over them all.

My battery strap is similar to yours, and he didn't comment on it (maybe insulate both battery terminals to be sure?)

Can't see in the picture, but make sure all the locking tabs for the calipers and discs are bent over too!

Good Luck!
Stu

[Edited on 23/8/06 by Stuart Walker]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 25/8/06 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stuart Walker

I failed on this. He wanted them individually insulated too, rather than a single cover over them all.

can't see how I can insulate them any more otherwise the termianl will not make contact with the soloenoid - unless there is some inslating terminal cover I am not familiar with?

David Jenkins

posted on 25/8/06 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
You could try something like THIS

(the red covers a little way down the page)

02GF74

posted on 25/8/06 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
this:

or this:

David Jenkins

posted on 25/8/06 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
I have some of the first type - they're just the right size to go over the solenoid connectors (but I haven't got round to fitting them yet).

The second type are for battery terminals, and are quite large.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.