Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Emissions at SVA
mk blade

posted on 17/10/03 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
Emissions at SVA

Just took car for MOT today, PASS

But was very tight on emissions, Failed at tick over then the machine asked for 2000rpm and it passed with 2.5%co and 500Hc.

Was wondering if the SVA mans machine will do the same and let it pass at a increased tickover.

Dont really want to play with carbs and unbalance them as it runs ok.

It a 93 fireblade by the way.

Was the first time its been on the road, little nerves going to test station (about 5 miles), but came back with big smile on my face.

Just SVA to pass now booked in for moday 20th, going to drive her there hope the weathers good to me.

JoelP

posted on 17/10/03 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
theres an additive you can add to your fuel to reduce emmisions temporarily, though im not sure of its suitability to bike engines. Maybe read the bottle? its in most factors.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Northy

posted on 17/10/03 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think you should have driven it there

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 17/10/03 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
there was a recent thread on that, i think it was the police that said the first place the car could be driven was to the SVA, and after that i think it was only mot and booked work to rectify failures.

thats a quote though and i dunno if it sticks.

did you have no plates and insurance on the VIN?

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Mark H

posted on 17/10/03 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
Im pretty sure you can drive to an MOT (pre SVA) with a chassis number only. Of course you need to book the test with the chassis number (I made sure my man wrote the number down and checked a couple of times before driving!)

Insurance company let me drive it insured for 30 days without no. plates to get to MOT and SVA centre.

My SVA man said that if it fails at tickover they rev it up a bit. It will only get a fail if it fails at the higher level.

Good luck with the SVA - remember to report back!!

Mark Harrison and
Q986 KCP back from the dead...

mk blade

posted on 17/10/03 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the feedback.

Checked with insurance before taking it for MOT. Its insured on chassis no and was booked in for MOT with chassis number. Was a nice little 10mile trip 5 there 5 back. Did not fancy driving the 40 odd mile to SVA center as the first ever trip on road.

Glad to here that the SVA man operates the same on emissions as MOT, will allow test at increase tick over.

Have decided to change plugs in engine anyway, have not put a new set in yet, something i just forgot to do.

Been checking over her after her little run to make sure all is ok, all great except for some oil seems to have blown out of the reverse box vent, maybe i over filled it slightly, i hope thats all it is.

Heres hoping all goes well on monday, early start will have to set of around 6am for 8am test. Want to get there in plenty of time and not have to rush.

[Edited on 17/10/03 by mk blade]

MK Goldrush

posted on 17/10/03 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck fella

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.