MikeR

posted on 18/5/04 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
damn !!!!

oh well, looks like its back to the starter motor then

James

posted on 18/5/04 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
If it's the 32/36 Weber off the Cortina just oval the boltholes with a round file. We did one and it worked o.k.

Sorry to hi-jack!

It is the 32/36. Although the bolt holes would fit with a bit of filing (although the wall will get a bit thin). What I'm more concerned about is the hole into the manifold is much smaller on the manifold.

It half covers the primary inlet port. So I think it would need some major machining to bore it out. I have the kit at work to do this I guess but I don't really want to! Neither do I have the time!

Cheers anyway!

James

MikeR

posted on 18/5/04 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
No probs james cause .......

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands <clap>
if you're happy and you know it clap your hands <clap>
if your happy and you know it, and you really want to show it, if you're happy and you know it clap your hands <clap clap clap>

Seems it was a slightly dodgey cut and shut bellhousing plate i made last year so one bolt hole didn't line up - which i didn't use cause i was lazy..... but the main problem was the cut and shut wasn't quite totally flat. Remove a bit of steel via the dremil so the bold hole lined up, and just tightened the starter till it squashed the plate flat!!!

15 minutes later trying to figure out the wiring and .......... it turns over.

now the bad news. I've got mayo in the bores I've put loads of oil in over the last couple of years and a load of wd40 over the last few days so..... i'm hoping the hose pipe to clear out the cooling hasn't blown the head gasket.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.