Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bushes
ChrisW

posted on 22/8/02 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
Bushes

Right then, finally got my hands on some metalastic bushes for my (as book) front suspension. However when they turned up this morning I noticed:

1. They're a very easy fit into the wishbone tubes (and fall out very easily too)

2. They're only 36mm long and my tubes are 40mm so there's a gap at each end

3. I was expecting a metal tube through the middle and theres not.

Are any of these things a problem as they're not the way I imagined they would be!

Cheers, Chris.

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alan B

posted on 22/8/02 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
Without knowing your particular scenario I can only comment in general:

The bushes should be fairly tight in the wishbone (see lube thread)

Gaps can be made up with spacers each side, but they ought to have the steel tube through.

Sound like the wrong bushes to me Chris, if they're supposed to be "book" style, IMO.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bass

posted on 22/8/02 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
you must have read the book wrong, bushes are 36mm long 25mm outside dia. the bushes should have a steel bush in the middle the inside dia is 21mm brought some last week, about £8 50 for ten, can give you the QH PART NO but not till i go back to work tomorrow bass
bass

posted on 23/8/02 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
part number for front/rear suspention bushes QH Y419
ChrisW

posted on 23/8/02 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
Bass

Are those the same as the ones I've got (ie 36mm)? Apparently they're loose in the tubes because I have seamless tube for the ends. Still doesn't solve the length problem tho'.

BTW on the chassis in your pictures you have some plastic caps over the open ends of your RHS tubes. Where did you get them from??

Chri

My gaff my rules

bass

posted on 23/8/02 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
it says the steel bushes are 36mm long with an inside dia of21mm the ruber bushes are a tight fit, really tight fit. you need to press them in, use a vice. do you mean the pics of my irs? i welded plates over the ends, but if you want plastic bungs theres aman who sells them at 2 pence each. he goes to most of theauto jumbles, newark ect
bass

posted on 23/8/02 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
pics 252 253 254 are from the new book just out somebody wanted to see some pics from it

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.