Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: polyurathane bushes
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 20/5/04 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
polyurathane bushes

I intend to make my own suspension bushes, apart from trawling ebay does anyone know where i can get polyurathane rod?

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

mangogroove

posted on 20/5/04 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
Why when they are so cheap and availible. If you lived in Africa like I did you made stuff you couldnt get due sanctions ect. IMHO I would rather drive my car some time this century than save 37 quid.
Maggie closed down the engineering sector in Scotland along with suppliers so getting the material always come with the standard answer "I ll get in three days mate" . On to the internet you get click click and a few details later, three oclock next day they deliver it I fit it and job done rather than farting around for weeks to save a few bucks>>>>>>>

posted on 20/5/04 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
Perhaps this guy just want to make his own parts,nothing more nothing less.
James

posted on 20/5/04 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
Liam,

Darren George (nic: dozracing) sells a set of bushes, crush tubes and (IIRC) outer tubes all as a matching set. They're pretty cheap.

See http://www.gtstuning.co.uk/

If you *are* just a masochist and want to build your own then I'm pretty sure that Jon Ison made his own. A mail/u2u to him might help.

All the best,

James

[Edited on 20/5/04 by James]

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 20/5/04 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
i am unable to start building the car in earnest for a long time so i am trying to do all i can now (I have no space) I have a machine shop though so i want to put it to use, plus i am quite happy to "fart" around to save 37 quid, I am doing this BUDGET, 37 quid can be better spent elsewhere. I was winning an ebay auction for enough polyurathane rod for 2 cars for £10 but I forgot to bid again and lost it. if you bought everything off the shelf from mnr or gts the cost would soon mount up

but yes above all I want to build it myself!!

for the record i think companies like gts and mnr are fantastic especially for people who don't have the time or facilities to build themselves, I will be buying from companies like them when I have parts that I can;t do myself

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 20/5/04 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
cheers james much appreciated

[Edited on 20/5/04 by liam.mccaffrey]

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

Jon Ison

posted on 20/5/04 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Liam , ive replied to your e~mail.

Why not make your own ???

givemethebighammer

posted on 21/5/04 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
Liam, I tried to turn some poly bushes on the lathe once. The stuff really grabs and is a pain to work with. Had to stop the lathe every few minutes to unwind the turnings that had wrapped themselves around the shaft.

This has been mentioned before, sure someone had better idea than me for working with the stuff.

Peteff

posted on 21/5/04 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
Didn't someone say they froze it before working with it. My nephew works with plastics (making false teeth), I know, who wants pink and white polybushes anyway . Polyurethane is more suited to moulding than machining according to him.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

timf

posted on 21/5/04 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
see http://www.superflex.co.uk/superflex_universal_polyurethane_round_bars_sprod.html

for instructions on machining and a supplier

and google for acetal for other suppliers

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.