Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Front Shocks
the_big_1

posted on 7/7/16 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Front Shocks

Hi Guys,

My current front shocks mount to the wishbones (As Rons edition 2).
The upper part at the moment, mounts to the inside of the frame on plares welded to the top of the frame. See below.

I would like to mount the shocks to the under side of the side frames, as most do.
I guess my current shocks therfore are to long?
What shock options are there?

Cheers!!!

fregis

posted on 8/7/16 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
not necessarily change the shock absorber, making rocket arm it depends on arm ratio

Never be afraid to do what you are insolvent, remember: amateurs built the ark - Professionals built the Titanic.

the_big_1

posted on 8/7/16 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Looking at the plans for my car, the shocks should be 14" extended, which they are.
So either they have had the mounting moved to lower the front end (By someone that hasnt a clue at what they are doing)
or the springs are to strong.

garyt

posted on 9/7/16 at 06:50 AM Reply With Quote
ok so I don't see a picture but from your 2 posts;
if the wishbone shock mount is as it should be, in relation to the drawings, and you want to restore to the original then you would need to strip the front end and then weld a new upper shock mount in place on the top rail
Then with the correct 14" shocks (which you have) the ride height will be as it is meant to be
Just a thought though... if someone has messed about with the front is the rear end ok ie as per the book measurements or have they "re-engineered" that too ?
All in all the front is a straight forward fix, new mount and cut out / tidy the previous mod
hth Gary

remember we are not mad just creatively insane !!!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.