Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cosworth V6 engine ????gearbox
sg_frost
Builder

Posts 104
Registered 6/11/02

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Haynes roaster in college with students, gulp!

posted on 6/11/02 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
Cosworth V6 engine ????gearbox

I have aquired a cosworth V6, now this engine is out of a granada cosworth and they were all automatics because the manual gearboxes are not strong enough. Anyone know which gearbox will fit for a locost?
Liam

posted on 6/11/02 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
Hello...

V6 versions of the type-9 or MT75 boxes will fit - the cossie V6 has the same bolt pattern as the 12 valve Cologne V6's. Lots of people put more torque and power than the cossie V6 through type-9s and MT75s with no problems - sounds like a load of Ford bo**ox that does.

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sg_frost
Builder

Posts 104
Registered 6/11/02

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Haynes roaster in college with students, gulp!

posted on 6/11/02 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
cheers matey, that's what I wanted to hear, now please tell me that the 12v flywheel/clutch assembly will fit wil no problems and you will make my day.
Liam

posted on 11/11/02 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Come on - I'm sure there must be people out there who know rather more than me about this...

I dont know first hand but I assume the 12V flywheel and clutch will fit fine. Plenty of people fit the 24V to Sierra XR4x4s and I'd expect they dont all have to have a flywheel made/modified. I know a couple of people personally who have done this 24V XR4x4 conversion so I'll ask them if you want.

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Viper

posted on 11/11/02 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
A manuel gearbox is not strong enough?????
The T5 will
A muncie toploader will
both of wich i have used with considerably more power than is put out by the cossie scorpion

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.