Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MT75 Mounting
Mix

posted on 1/8/03 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
MT75 Mounting

Having almost finished making my engine mounts I am now thinking of replacing the odd bits of metal which are currently acting as a rear mount for my MT75 gearbox with a more permanent soulution. Can anybody suggest a suitable mount ? The mounting hole is more or less central and requires an M12 male thread.

Thanks Mick

JoelP

posted on 1/8/03 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
on mine i got the original gbox mount from the donor sierra and cut it down to 6inch, then just welded that straight into the transmission tunnel.

Bit of a bodge but it works well and includes a bush of sorts to allow flex.

By a donut do you mean the thing in the drive shaft? i was gonna leave mine in, but i may read a few old threads and c what others have done...

zetec

posted on 10/8/03 at 06:55 AM Reply With Quote
I got the original mounting, took it to bits and just kept the ali casting which botls to the gearbox and has the 12mm thread in the bottom. I them mounted a plate to the chassis mounted on 4 "bobbin" gearbox mounts, drilled a hole in the centre and bolted thru to the mounting. I suspect you will need to remove the drive donut when you come to get a prop made. Its just a small flywheel used to smooth changes on the Sierra.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.