Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Changing the Blue bearing seals on hubs
greggors84

posted on 10/9/03 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
Changing the Blue bearing seals on hubs

on my rear sierra upright (rear disks) the bearings are still stuck into the upright and are behind the blue seals.

im going to get some new seals from Kit Fit just need to know how to remove the old ones and install the new ones, i think i need to remove the wheel bearings as i got some black paint on them when i painted them

Thanks Very Much RichyMKindy/Greggors

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

mad-butcher

posted on 10/9/03 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
don't know about the seals but there are 2 types of bearing for the rears ABS and non ABS trade is on average £32 per side includes 2 bearings 2 oil seals and generaly 2 nuts one left one right handed
some of the old style bearings are crap they are in a plastic cage that wears and when you split the bearing it all falls apart
tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andyps

posted on 11/9/03 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
You can often get the seals out by putting a couple of self tapping screws in, and then pulling on these to pull the seal out - should leave it intect enough to use to check size of replacement and also to guide the new one into place.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

kingr

posted on 11/9/03 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
I just jammed a small flat head screw driver down the outside of the seal and bent it in on itself, practically fell out after that. I believe this is called the brute force technique!

Kingr

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.