Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Help
MK7

posted on 10/9/03 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Help

I've got three questions...

1. I've got an MK modified sump that seems to foul the clutch cable entry on my 1.8 Pinto, see hhoto, how have others got around this?

2. I can't remember where the gearbox to engine brace goes (other than between the engine and gearbox). Anyone able to describe the location of the 2 ends? I've also shown the bracket in the photo.

3. I've got an earth cable in the same bag of bits that the brace came from, where does this go?

Thanks Rescued attachment clutch cable and brace.jpg
Rescued attachment clutch cable and brace.jpg

MK7

posted on 10/9/03 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
This photo may help to clarify the problem further Rescued attachment clutch cable 3.jpg
Rescued attachment clutch cable 3.jpg

Mark Allanson

posted on 10/9/03 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
Hopefully two answers in one shot! Rescued attachment BraceAndSump.JPG
Rescued attachment BraceAndSump.JPG

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

MK7

posted on 11/9/03 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
Well, I've had to create a bracket to effectively move the hole out of the way of the sump so that's one problem solved.

I'm hoping not to be the only person that contributes to this post so if there's anyone out there that remebers where they stuck their engine to gearbox brace and earth strap please chip in.

Thanks

JoelP

posted on 11/9/03 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
The engine earth on my 1600 pinto is on the n/s, bolted under on of the bellhousing bolts over the starter, also a gearbox earth at other end.

never moved the brace but it is in Marks photo?

MK7

posted on 11/9/03 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Mark,

thanks for the photo, I missed it earlier.

You're right, 2 answers in 1 shot.

My sump is extended on the offside so I can't fit the brace and, as mentioned above I can't get the clutch cable in.

I've had to make a bracket which you can see in this photo, I just hope there's sufficient movement to get the clutch to operate, otherwise it's going to be a new sump. The clutch cable now pulls the lever out rather than just forward. Rescued attachment clutch cable 4.jpg
Rescued attachment clutch cable 4.jpg

Mark Allanson

posted on 11/9/03 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
You may need to make the bracket a little more 3 dimensional, the strain on the clutch lever is very high

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.