Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Any clues for 4" PCD?
marcjagman

posted on 19/7/02 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
Any clues for 4" PCD?

I need some wheels with a PCD of 4" (104mm) that are 4 stud, any one got any ideas?
Mat-d-Rat

posted on 20/7/02 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
Not a perfect answer but thought this might be helpful http://www.tyresave.co.uk/fitment.html - Can't see anything on there for your PCD, sure you got it measured right?
RoadkillUK

posted on 20/7/02 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
I just had a look at the 2 sites I know of ...

http://www.moddedcars.com/styling/wheels.htm
and the one mentioned previously and I can't see any mention of 104 PCD. What axle/stubs are you using?

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marcjagman

posted on 2/8/02 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
Whoops!!!!!! 100mm PCD (Vauxhall) to answer questions on what I am using...........a Bedford HA van (don't laugh too loudly) because 1) cheap to buy, 2) cheap road tax, 3) low compression (7.3:1) so I can stick a turbo on it 4)can use front suspension as it has a leaf spring going across the front and is easy to mount, 5)already has front wishbones etc which due to design are easy to attach to chassis.
Peteff

posted on 5/8/02 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like an old Marina or similar fitting. I had a HA Viva years ago in the 70's. I reckon it had drum brakes on the front though.

yours, Pete Ffrench

dougal

posted on 26/12/02 at 12:44 AM Reply With Quote
easy answer
a-series metro or mini

Viper

posted on 26/12/02 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mat-d-Rat
Not a perfect answer but thought this might be helpful http://www.tyresave.co.uk/fitment.html - Can't see anything on there for your PCD, sure you got it measured right?

Not to sure how accurate the info from the above site is because they say the TVR cerbera has 4 studs, my cerbi wheels have 5 studs?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
johnston

posted on 26/12/02 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
my doinor has same pcd as a ferrari

any1 no where i can get some ferrari alloys????

stephen_gusterson

posted on 27/12/02 at 12:08 AM Reply With Quote
In case you are not aware....

its not just the PCD that matters.

Wheels also have a 'stagger' - dont know correct term - that is the distace from the rim to the mounting flange of the wheel. If you have the wrong stagger it might go on the studs, but hit the calipers.

atb

Steve

Viper

posted on 27/12/02 at 12:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stephen_gusterson

In case you are not aware....

its not just the PCD that matters.

Wheels also have a 'stagger' - dont know correct term - that is the distace from the rim to the mounting flange of the wheel. If you have the wrong stagger it might go on the studs, but hit the calipers.

atb

Steve

I think the term you are looking for is offset...

Mark Allanson

posted on 27/12/02 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
I had a bit of a stagger last night and got the frying pan in my ear for my trouble....no don't go there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had similar questions 10 threads down (can anyone identify these) about offset and its implications. Rorty set me straight about scrub radius - Thanks Rorty. Take a look at his site and all is explained www.rorty.vze.com

I nearly dropped a bollock and got the wrong wheels and upset my handling

Big Dave

posted on 27/12/02 at 11:35 PM Reply With Quote
4" PCD

There are few cars that carry a 4" PCD the most common ones are the viva, morris minors, Austin A30/35 and A40 Farina and mini / metro's. There is not much else. What you can get though are minilights to suit this stud pattern. Also you can get Centreline copies and slot mags.

Hope this is a bit of help.

Viper

posted on 27/12/02 at 11:48 PM Reply With Quote
If 4" pcd is viva then you can get revolutions and minilights to fit as thats what we use on our race Firenza..

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.