Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: wheel stud length
ned

posted on 1/3/04 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
wheel stud length

I've got my cortina hubs, with standard length studs and wondered if anyone could advise as to whether the studs will be long enough for my KN minator (minilite copies) alloys with the conical shaped nuts or whether I'll need to get longer studs from rally design. I want to get the hub back on the upright to get the chassis rolling you see..

cheers,

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
wicket

posted on 1/3/04 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
Ned
Have a look at this link. It has the info you are looking for towards the end.

http://www.domsat.co.uk/pages/wheels.htm

ned

posted on 1/3/04 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry,

Perhaps I should explain slightly more; I don't currently have the hubs and the wheels,nuts at the same location and the hubs are off the uprights, so it isn't possible for me to put the wheels on or check this myself, hence asking for advise/others that have experienced putting alloys on cortina hubs!

thanks,

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jasper

posted on 1/3/04 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
Ned - mine weren't on by too many turns on my Cortina axle - but it felt like enough. Should be ok to roll it around on, then get longer ones b4 you drive it.
PioneerX

posted on 1/3/04 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
Ned,

I can tell you that the Capri axle studs do not fit any of the alloys I have looked at. I finally bought some OZ alloys and the studs need about 15mm more to give the desired thread length for the nut.

[Edited on 1/3/04 by PioneerX]

wicket

posted on 1/3/04 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
Ned

For what its worth we are fitting Capri Laser alloys on Cortina hubs using wheel nuts from Rally Design and we get approx 14mm penetration on the M12 x 1.5 studs, pull up nicely no bottoming. The guys at Rally Design are helpful, they may know the answer to your question.

For ref here's another useful link,
http://www.tyres-online.co.uk/techinfo/fitting.asp.

[Edited on 1/3/04 by wicket]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.